Recent content by theseer2

1. T

Wanting to give Paiste cymbals a try. Where should I start?

True, there's a newer video on YT with some older dude that includes the PST 7's and less compression. Paistes site has great samples that truely represents the sound of their cymbals, amazing how consistent their stuff is and captured so well. Btw, I just picked up a 22" Big Beat 2002 for...
  2. T

Those videos are entertaining but the sound is too compressed to really hear the differences.
  3. T

My 18" is 1462g Wait till you hear a 19 Medium! The 2 pair very well, think Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar, the two crashes throughout the song. Yes , they do have a similarity to a classic Zildjian A but with the Paiste sparkle and magic.
  4. T

With the exception of Giant Beats, most all Paiste 2002 alloy crashes sound excellent far field, behind a kit, it may not be as pleasing as your K's . Don't worry, over time your ears/mind will adjust to the big difference in sound. To me most K's and A's sound superb behind the kit, but when...
  5. T

Paiste crash alpha vs pst7

Yes, the PST5 thins are great sounding, too bad they are hard to find, I see the Rock sets and Universal sets on sale, but never the thins. Maybe the thins were cannibalizing the Alphas and and now the 900's and Paiste no longer makes them.
  6. T

A pst7 is closer sounding to a 2002, the original Alphas are slightly darker, the newer a bit harsher (marketed toward younger metal players). If you are going for the 2002 sound, get 1 inch bigger Pst7 to get a similar sound. They sell them in 17" and 19" . Listen to the 17" thin and the 19"...
  7. T

:poop: Sabian B8's to me are worst sounding cymbals ever made, I've heard el cheapo cymbals in children kits sound better. Any Paiste, even their brass stuff sounds better than a Sabian B8. All Sabians B8s should be melted and given to Paiste since they know how to make great sounding B8...
  8. T

Rudes are awesome, but they are so loud and piercing, choose Rudes if thats what you want, dont expect to play Jazz live with Rudes, the other musicians will call you RUDE!
  9. T

You hit it right on the nail. The 7 Mediums are pretty durable, not too thin to break and not sewer caps either. Do a search on YouTube on pst 7 vs 2002. you'd be surprised. I have a mix of 2002's and pst 7's and 18, 20, 24 Giant Beat Multis.
  10. T

If you dont have the money for Giant Beats or 2002's: Start with a 20" PST 7 Light Ride as a ride/crash and a 19" Medium PST7- this sounds much like a harsher 18" giant beat If you have the money, get want ever sizes Giant Beat Multi's you prefer - you probably wont ever need anything else...
  11. T

After a long internal struggle, I did it.

For me , it depends what im playing, if its 70's rock, its 14 16 18 26, 80's stuff its 8 10 12 14 16 22 I dont sell anything, I keep everything and use what I need. But what I really need is a 13 wait, my sons set is a Breakbeat 10 13 16, I might steal the 13 for a while :sneaky:
  12. T

Cheap or Expensive cymbals for Metal?

Thats because Sabian has no clue how to make good sounding cymbals out of B8, neither does Zildjian. Its not because B8 is crappy.
  13. T

Remo UT Heads?

The Neusonics some with coated UT's and they sound excellent.
  14. T

new crash sound vs used crash sound

On the Steve Hoffman forums you had people saying you can break in speaker wires, and you can polarize the copper in a certain direction to make it sound better and dont dare reverse the ends. Unless were paying absolute attention, most of the time we are not hearing sounds, we are perceiving...
  15. T

new crash sound vs used crash sound

A whole new meaning to "Hand Hammering" bash them to death with the buttend of the stick to get em to sound the way you want!