Recent content by theindian

1. theindian

Recording Drums - Advice needed

I am going to do some recording this week for the demo on my bands press kit. I would like some advice on mic placement in the room & mics placement as in what mic to use on what drum. General advice on eq/compression/effects etc. I am gonna use the standard drum kit. 5 piece Ludwig Classic...
  2. theindian

Storing spare heads in hot places.

I practice at 3 different spots around town & gig a good bit too. I was thinking about keeping my backup heads in a box in the trunk of my car, so I will always have them with me no matter where I am at. Will keeping them in a hot place affect their sound/durabilty? Down here in Bama its...
  3. theindian

Advice needed for Hip Hop Recording

I have been hired to do some tracks with a local rap artist called Kayo. He wants to have acoustic drums on some of the tracks instead of a drum machine or samples. Not like that Travis Barker Solja Boy stuff but having a real live drummer play hip-hop beats. I am planning on playing to a...
  4. theindian

Ludwig Classic Maple shells - now vs. then.

It is my understanding that current Luddie classic Maples shells are 7 ply North American maple. In the 1980's they were 6 ply. Are there any other differences between the shells from back then, and the ones made today or the one made in the 90's. Does the extra one-ply really make a huge...
  5. theindian

Mounting toms up side down?

I saw a kit the other day with the toms mounted upside down. It was Pearl kit with the rack toms turned over so the mounts were closer to the bottom of the drums, and the batter & reso were switched also. I have always had trouble with these kinds of mounting systems and it seemed there more...
  6. theindian

Drumming goals for 2010!

I made some pretty good progress in 2009 and feel like I have improved very much compared to where my playing was at a year ago. I focused on realistic goals and over time they became attainable. So in no particular order here is what I am going to work towards for 2010: Playing goals...
  7. theindian

My Bands New Demo!

Hi, my name is Johnny. I am from the deep south. The band I play with (Jefferson Flux) just finished its first demo cd. Its a pretty interesting mix of styles, so I figured i would post them on DW. My PC is having trouble uploading files at the moment so here is the link to our myspace...