Recent content by The Shepherd

1. The Shepherd

LOOKING FOR SPACE METAL/ROCK SONGS

The first song I thought of after listening to Coming Home was this.
  2. The Shepherd

What Artist did you worship, but no longer listen too?

Trent Reznor I loved the first few NIN albums but as he went on his music became angst ridden whining to me. I'm 25+ years older now and can't handle listen to that emo baloney anymore.
  3. The Shepherd

Planning a Music Jam

Open jam, cool! I host an open jam two or three times a year at my place. We set up in my big garage and play out to the people in the driveway. I tell all the guests to bring their loudest amps so they can wring them out a bit as I live out in the country and they can open things up without...
  4. The Shepherd

Planning a Music Jam

Is it an open jam or are you playing with your band where you have a catalogue of songs you play on a regular basis?
  5. The Shepherd

Right handed 7 year old just learning, playing left handed

When I was young, my Dad taught me to golf. I grabbed the club the first time left. Back then, clubs cost more for lefties than righties, that and my Dad swung right handed. So, I learned to swing clubs right though I shoot left in hockey and bat left in baseball. I can't hit the ball too far...
  6. The Shepherd

Ludwig Vistalites : Looking for opinions of experienced owners

Another question for owners, how do Vistalights hold up in winter temperatures? I keep my drums out in the garage so my wife can keep her sanity. Does the plastic hold up well in say -20C type of temperatures? Will the shells crack or deform being that cold?
  7. The Shepherd

Favorite Drummers

Ian Fenetry Benson Frazer Levi Ostell Grayson Clarkson Tristan Lee Abel Tyrell Brandon Woodward Luke Robertson Tobias Beaton Ayden Bagshaw
  8. The Shepherd

Does a great teacher have to be a great player?

Teaching is being able to convey information in a way that the person retains it and also understands it. Teaching is a skill in itself and not everyone has the character or ability to be an effective teacher though they may be a virtuoso.
  9. The Shepherd

The Unwavering Drummer

This one is close.
  10. The Shepherd

Sabian 22 ride choice.

I have the 20" HHX Complex Ride, sounds great!
  11. The Shepherd

Noble & Cooley

It matters who's sitting behind the kit. If it's me, they sound like "Meh" ;)
  12. The Shepherd

Black&White30,Roy Orbison

Usually when you see something like that it's a tribute show. See A Concert for George for some pretty good stuff.
  13. The Shepherd

How you make your voice good

I'm no singer but I do a much better job if I'm ONLY singing and not playing uke or drums at the same time. I have a much greater appreciation for those who both play and sing at the same time.