Recent content by The Edge

1. T

Paiste

I love my 19, 17, and 21 Mk1. Sound fantastic.
  2. T

Looking for drum head suggestions for Yamaha Stage Custom Birch kit

Aquarian Super 2, Evans G2, Remo Emperor
  3. T

New Giant Beats!

My 18 is bent...but not from playing. My drums were on an outdoor stage. The stage was on a football field. Heavy winds that day. I should've widened the legs of the stand. I was away from the stage when a massive gust of wind blew the 18 off the stage. It landed in the grass. It has a slight...
  4. T

Bought some Yamaha Live Customs today.

Dude, u crazy!!!!! Hahaha!
  5. T

From a distance, they look black. When you're close, and there's light on drums, the wood grain reveals itself. Paint and lacquer job is stellar.
  6. T

Just a couple of quick photos. They are good looking drums. Photos don't do it justice.
  7. T

Amber sunburst, or something like that.
  8. T

What heads are you using? The ambers look stellar.
  9. T

Black shadow sunburst. 7×10, 8×12, 15×16, 14x22. No pics yet. They're being shipped. I'm looking forward to the 14" deep kick. I've been playing an 18 for a long time. I'm looking forward to the feel of a shallower kick drum. Get in here and tell me what you like (and maybe what you don't...
  10. T

Paiste Dark Energy Mk. I Ride vs. Meinl Byzance 21" Transition Ride

There's a 21 mark 1 available on reverb. $275 + 35 for shipping. That's about what I payed for mine.
  11. T

It has a strong, yet dry, medium crash sound. But it's a dark crash. It blends. I'm not sure how much my ride weighs, but it plays very medium. Not heavy and not thin. Let's use a Zildjian comparison, heavier than a K custom dark ride, but not as heavy as a K custom ride. Just buy one and give...
  12. T

Get the Dark Energy. Trust me. It's a really great cymbal. I bought it on a whim and wasn't sure I would like it. I was wrong. It works really well for a lot of things. One of the best ride cymbals in the market, if you ask me. I have the 21 mark 1. I'm sure the Mk 2 would be great as well.