Recent content by Tamadrummer2018

1. T

Hard Rock Cymbals

I have two Zildjian A rock crashes from the 80s and they still sound great and have help up well for all of these years under hard playing. Worth a look. I now find myself liking the A medium crashes since they are a bit warmer ....
  2. T

8 or 10-lug for indie pop/rock, fusion?

I have both 10 lug and 8 lug Tama snares. As stated above the 10 lug seems much drier (it also has a heavier hoop). I find myself playing the 8 lug 80% of the time since it is more versatile and has a nice open sound, especially for live situations.
  3. T

Tama Stagemaster boom stand Pros&Cons ?

I have a stagemaster boom and standard stand. They are well made and light! much better then the heavy Tama stands I have from the 80's.
  4. T

Is this vintage Zildjian a crash, a ride, or a crash/ride?

Related to a question I was going to ask. There is an article from Neal Peart about some gigs he did as a teenager. He talks about his 18" Zildjian and his 20" Zildjian and borrowing a buddy's 20" Zildjian ... but he does not differentiate between crash or ride. Was that typical in the 60's...
  5. T

What are considered "cheap" cymbals?

I have a mix of A Zildjians, 2002 10" splash and an 80's HHX Thin china. No issues they complement each other. You can mix and match brands.
  6. T

Concert toms

Yes, I dont like the sound of Roto Toms which is the other end of the spectrum ...
  7. T

Concert toms

I have the 6 and 8 concert toms from DW (satin black design series). I love them, I am a huge Peart / Rush fan so ....
  8. T

Paiste 14" 505 green table heavy Hi Hats?

Typo in heading. They are Green Label Heavy Hi Hats .... and in great shape!
  9. T

Paiste 14" 505 green table heavy Hi Hats?

Back in 88 I picked up a used set of these hats. Used them forever until I picked up 13" new beats. I have read these are essentially Rude Hi Hats. I am going to play them again today. what does the collective think of these hats?
  10. T

New 10" splash? what type?

arrived Saturday and it sounds awesome! I bit brighter perhaps than my 2002 10". I really like it.
  11. T

DW Drums from a Non-DW Player's Perspective

So I did not read all of the replies. I have a basic TAMA Imperialstar with Remo Ambassador heads top and bottom. Black wrap. I added the DW Design Series concert toms with a black satin painted finish. God those concert toms are heavy from the hardware. The black satin paint with the DW HW...
  12. T

thanks all. Stay safe!!
  13. T

Hi. I was looking for a used A Zlidjian 10" splash. Picked this up from Ebay for $40. I want to make sure this is not an older A custom but just the basic A Zildjian model. Thoughts? I think it was a good deal if it is indeed an A model. Thanks
  14. T

Neil Peart's Ludwigs

My favorite overall kit was MP and Exit.... But the Ludwigs were really nice. Not a fan of the DW especially the last album. Too low and muddy.
  15. T

Neil Peart's Ludwigs

I always thought they were the same kit ....