Recent content by Swissward Flamtacles

1. Swissward Flamtacles

Did you ever ignore one of your kits only to ask "what was I thinking"?

Washer and screws included and it's in the UK - I hope that helps. Not sure if the size of the Big R's is different... :) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174597658283
  2. Swissward Flamtacles

Any VIntage hardware collectors out here?

I'm not really a fan of vintage hardware but I do like vintage drums. That's how I got my hands on a pedal (Z5317) and snare stand from the Sonor Phonic series. I like those two items quite a bit as they are both sturdy and elegant looking: http://www.sonormuseum.com/hardware/1979hardware.html
  3. Swissward Flamtacles

My new cymbals

Since Bulgaria is part of the European Union, you can just check out ebay - shipping won't be too high and no customs. Mixing cymbals isn't really a problem and you can get some experience what you like. Another advantage of used cymbals: if you break them, it's not the end of the world. Not...
  4. Swissward Flamtacles

Did you ever ignore one of your kits only to ask "what was I thinking"?

Not sure if this is too expensive but there are new Beavertails made by Rogers: https://www.thomann.de/gb/rogers_beavertail_small_tom_lug.htm
  5. Swissward Flamtacles

Ultimate independence: playing unrelated tempos on different limbs?

Nobody plays one-handed 16ths at 276 bpm. This type of independence would also make you as a musician independent (no more calls from other musicians :p ) I remember Pete York talking about a drummer who slowed down with his feet while speeding up with his hands, but that's the closest things I...
  6. Swissward Flamtacles

Canopus or DW

Just get a Stage Custom... Sorry, wrong thread. I like the Canopus more but I have zero experience with either one, so that's worth nothing. :) If you want to break the circle of buying and selling, just carve your social security and credit card number into the shells, glue irreplaceable...
  7. Swissward Flamtacles

Got a new project to work on

https://www.stonecustomdrum.com/
  8. Swissward Flamtacles

Drums by the pallet

$100 for pallets that included Slingerland and Ludwig drums? And here I am, thinking that I've found good deals... Oh, before I forget: No pictures? o_O
  9. Swissward Flamtacles

Looking for a long cowbell holder for mounting on the bass drum hoop

Cheers for all the recommendations - I ended up with the LP Claw on the small tom (rod reversed). It's not exactly perfect but definitely better and not too expensive. I didn't want a giant clamp construction that interfers with the position of other stands.
  10. Swissward Flamtacles

Gear you wished existed...

You'll regret that purchase as soon your singer tells the audience to "Get on the floor"...
  11. Swissward Flamtacles

Bass drum reso color

Why settle for one color if you can have two? [Are black and white actual colors?] I think it looks good as it is. :)
  12. Swissward Flamtacles

Gear you wished existed...

A simple cowbell holder that mounts to the bass drum hoop and which has a rod long enough that you don't have to choose between 1) off-setting your floor tom all the way to the right or 2) constantly hitting your knee. The existing rods might be long enough for a 22" bass drum, but I'm 6' 3" and...
  13. Swissward Flamtacles

Great drummers can play it all

Sorry, but what do you mean by Swing usually not being in 4/4? Of course, the actual rhythms of the melodies are not just 4 quarter notes but the time signature?
  14. Swissward Flamtacles

If you could only recommend three instructional books, what would they be?

Just my 2 cents: since there are infinite interpretations and combinations you can spread yourself too thin with just Stick Control, too. :) I don't see a problem with having a few books that you use only for a few things. Learning some standard grooves is important to play music and it could...
  15. Swissward Flamtacles

Are you still happy?

Not to mention the lack of mind-numbing dance music and sales talks about protein shakes and VIP memberships. :)