Supraman5x14's latest activity

• Supraman5x14
    Supraman5x14 replied to the thread Heads for 80s Acrolite.
    +1
  • Supraman5x14
    Supraman5x14 reacted to trickg's post in the thread Heads for 80s Acrolite with Like Like.
    Well, aren't Ludwig Weather Master heads still available for order? I'd tend to think that would be the closest modern equivalent...
  • Supraman5x14
    Closest to what was on there would be an Ambassador coated or G1 on top, and a Diplomat, or Hazy 200 bottom. Your choice. Done deal.
  • Supraman5x14
    Again, the same prescriptions many offered for the Slingerland you recently posted will work on the Acrolite. Also, please search the...
  • Supraman5x14
    Supraman5x14 replied to the thread Headphones.
    Are you asking for advice on in ear monitors, or head phones? Please clarify. I use Sony MDR-7506 phones, but don't use in ear...
  • Supraman5x14
    Eddie Money passed away earlier today. One of the realy good people in Rock and Roll. I remember seeing him a few times in the 80's and...
  • Supraman5x14
    I can highly reccomend the Pearl 5x14. Fantastic sound, tuning range, build quality, and overall performance for the price. I've had...
  • Supraman5x14
    He's been selling these on eBay for a long time. I'm guessing he gets gosh-awful trashed dime-a-dozen shells for next to nothing and...
  • Supraman5x14
    Supraman5x14 replied to the thread Slingerland Heads.
    I used a standard Ambassador on the bottom, as I only needed the Classic fit on the top. They do make Classic Fit heads for the snare...
  • Supraman5x14
    FWIW, my Gold Sparkle Ludwig Classic Maples are clearly stamped inside as being from 2005, and have badges starting with 341XXX.
  • Supraman5x14
    Supraman5x14 replied to the thread Slingerland Heads.
    Try a Remo Classic Fit. I have a "swollen" Acrolite that had a tight Ludwig head on the batter side, and a new G1 was still too tight...
  • Supraman5x14
    Supraman5x14 reacted to Drifter in the Dark's post in the thread Slingerland Heads with Like Like.
    I think a good starting point is to try a single-ply coated batter head, such as a Remo Ambassador or Evans UV1, and a 3-mil snare-side...
  • Supraman5x14
    Supraman5x14 replied to the thread Head Change.
    Were the Ludwig by Remo heads of a crimped hoop design, or, traditional epoxy glued Remo design?
  • Supraman5x14
    Supraman5x14 replied to the thread Weird Acrolite.
    No, I doubt it was the same issue, but the flesh hoop of the Ludwig Rocker head scratched the shell. Thanks for your reply.
  • Supraman5x14
    Supraman5x14 replied to the thread Weird Acrolite.
    This is an interesting post...will have to look at my Acrolite and get back to you on this.