Recent content by spides666

1. spides666

Sample Pads

Looking for a cheap sample pad to just play say cowbells and trigger samples. Alesis sample Pad etc any good
  2. spides666

Learning Independence

I've been drumming for years but still struggle with certain bass drum patterns. I'm too locked in with my right hand...so certain drums patterns I can play until I bring the hi-hat in. Great example is the song Two Princes by Spin Doctors, I can't play that song to save my life. Another one...
  3. spides666

Roland announcement on Fri 9th September

Are they unveiling the new Roland TD-50? Strong rumours are doing the rounds... Here's hoping!
  4. spides666

Drum sounds on new releases - yawn

Perhaps it's just me but drums on albums the last few years really have become stale. All this 'I took 30 snares into the studio' sounds like a load of bull to me The drums these days are so heavily processed they may as well take a $300 Dixon's kit into the studio compared to a $15k DW or Tama...
  5. spides666

Dynamics E Cymbal II

Anyone know what kind of glue they use for the red felt. Once crash it's peeled away, I've tried superglue and no joy!! I thought super glue glued everything!!!
  6. spides666

Pintech Conversion Kit

Anyone used these from Pintech for converting electronic kits. I've used Extreme Drum Triggers and ddrum drt triggers on mesh heads on my acoustic toms and I have found neither really hit the mark. http://pintechworld.com/shop/acoustic-to-electronic-drum-kit-conversion/
  7. spides666

Is the acoustic kit dying?

I am finding more and more with gigs these days I'm having to use my electronic kit over acoustic in venues. So much so, I have converted my Tama Starclassic Bubinga elite kit to mesh heads and running that through a TD-4 module. (soon to be a td-20x) I have used my acoustic kit probably twice...
  8. spides666

Playing back video on stage

I have looked around for the best thing. Basically we want to play videos on a backdrop to songs. That side is sorted. I just want to know what will be the best software to play these videos to a projector from a macbook pro. Some people use itunes but I want the video to stop at the end and I...
  9. spides666

Roland MD-120 Rack

I bought one of these pretty cheaply off ebay the other night and well last night I was ready to set fire to the thing... Whoever designed this rack at Roland I'd like to punch them on the nose It doesn't matter what I do I cannot get the damn thing level........the back legs will be at a 45...
  10. spides666

Backing Tracks out to separate channels

Hi guys I've scoured the net but haven't found an answer, just wondering if anyone has this experience. For a show we need to run backing tracks but we want to send the backing tracks out as separate channels, I guess just like the real thing if that makes sense. I will have the backing tracks...
  11. spides666

Shows how the music business is going

I see The Cult released their new album on Monday, I hear about it on a thrash bands forum (Machine Head)..........barely any magazines have promoted this release real shame, still a great band...........Tempesta kills it on this album too
  12. spides666

cleaning Gold plated lugs and rims

I've heard various suggestions, even toothpaste but nothing has really returned that shine anyone have experience of cleaning lugs and rims, I have a Pearl Masterworks and well the gold is just dull these days............thanks
  13. spides666

Running backing tracks from an iPad

Hi guys, I guess this has been covered but I'm not having much joy off the net. I need to run backing tracks, I currently have a Roland SPD-SX but I think it's overkill for what I need. I have heard several drummers running an Ipad..........I need to split the stereo channel, the left is hard...
  14. spides666

Man I cannot nail triplets

I have been drumming for absolutely years but I still can't nail triplets, it's more a personal thing because Iv'e never really had a need to use it in songs but that fluent L R Kick or some people R L Kick I cannot do....... But I can do it say just a single R L Kick usually done at the end of...
  15. spides666

XM Electronic Drums from Taiwan

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already but I love the look of these kits... http://site.xmdrum.com/drumseries/xm_c-max-9sr