Recent content by spelman

1. spelman

Open handed traditional grip playing

Cobham, too. But they are both left handed, so the trad grip is in the snare hand. I think the OP's after someone who plays open handed, trad grip on the hihat, matched on snare. Hey, I could be wrong!
  2. spelman

Open handed traditional grip playing

https://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php?threads/open-handed-with-traditional-grip.58961/
  3. spelman

Does Taylor Hawkins play a 20" bass drum?

OK, the pink kit has a 20".
  4. spelman

Does Taylor Hawkins play a 20" bass drum?

He is playing a 22 or 24 in all of those photos, hard to see on the pink kit. A 22" Gretsch kick and larger has 10 lugs per side.
  5. spelman

Nicko McBrain leaves Sonor - article.

What a HUUUGE difference compared to Nickos old SQ2 kit: :rolleyes:
  6. spelman

Rig Rundowns

There's a Scott Rockenfield book: https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/operation-rockenfield-sheet-music/17232185 A collaboration between professional drummer Joe Bergamini and educator Craig R. LeMay, Operation: Rockenfield is the first of it's kind for Queensryche. This book contains...
  7. spelman

Worst sounding drum track you have ever heard?

You don't mind the triggered snare on "Images and Words"?
  8. spelman

New packaged drums sitting in garage.

A tempest must be just that.
  9. spelman

Nick Menza

That sickdrummer interview was made so long after the Rust In Peace recording, maybe Nick wasn't 100 % on the details. In Nicks interview with Modern Drummer in '92, the ride was a 24" (A) Rock.
  10. spelman

Anyone have any Sakae News

Bozzio (and Portnoy and Cobham) played Mapex U.S.Maples - made in America.
  11. spelman

10 & 12 or 12 & 13 toms

I thought Phils' most famous kit had 8-10-12-15 toms with 16-18 floors?
  12. spelman

Gavin Harrison here!

TK-421: They sound as if they are quite thin. To SirSwingsAlot: try Paiste Cup Chimes , you may find them a bit thicker than Gavins bells though.
  13. spelman

Nick Menza

Will there ever be a Nick Menza "Mega Drumming" DVD? I got the impression it was all ready for release.
  14. spelman

Marillion: Incubus - anyone know the sticking for this?

It is hard to hear what's going on on the recording, with Ian having a ride cymbal on both sides of the kit. Here's a version I came up with: I'm sure you can add or remove notes and change the sticking to your liking.
  15. spelman

Anyone covered Tom Sawyer on a small kit?

Tempo for Tom Sawyer is quarter note=88 bpm, you might be able to do it with a single pedal. Otherwise, just do Bonham-triplets. becomes: