Recent content by specgrade

1. specgrade

Are you still happy?

And I thought ya'll were Just a bunch of drummers. Here I sit, drunk and enlighten by these pages. The bottle called and I answered. Oh well. There is always tomorrow, maybeeee.
  2. specgrade

Which is better

Yes. ^^^^^^
  3. specgrade

Merry Christmas

OH JOY!
  4. specgrade

Holiday Season Greetings....

Drummerworld. The gift that keeps on giving.
  5. specgrade

INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? N/A Age? 50 How long have you been playing? Since 1983 Origin of user name? Back of receptacle. Your top 5 drummers? They are all tops. Make of drum kit? Pearl Make of cymbal? Paiste Where do you practice? Basement Are you in a band? Not currently. Do you play covers or originals...
  6. specgrade

Drum Sticks breaking

I used to play with ProMark 5A hickory with a nylon tip. The shoulder would get chewed up from the snare rim. If I had a misplaced hit, I would shatter the tip or break the neck. Sticks would last weeks or months depending. I now use Vic Firth 5B Classics and so far a pair has lasted a few...
  7. specgrade

Beginning drumming...were you supported or not supported

My father played the guitar, steel guitar and ukulele. My mother played the piano. My sister plays the flute. I started out on the trombone (one year). My mother bought me my first pair of sticks. My father and mother bought me my first drum set and after five years, my second drum set. They...
  8. specgrade

Internal muffler

Some nail polish on the threads might help.
  9. specgrade

Internal muffler

One for the bass drum would be nice, since just about everyone muffles theirs.
  10. specgrade

What are you listening to right now?

But no cookies for me. ?
  11. specgrade

What are you listening to right now?

My wife. Giving me the silent treatment.
  12. specgrade

Drool... sound like Danny Carey

Um, no.
  13. specgrade

Tool - Schism (drum cover)

o_O:alien::cool::love:
  14. specgrade

Anyone here tried MeetHook

Dave Krusen is on the list. :cool:
  15. specgrade

Anyone here tried MeetHook

Chewy...