Recent content by specgrade

1. specgrade

Secret weapon...

The Cascara Wedge is wider than the Groove. It hangs down a little farther. Don't know about the sound of the Cascara. The Wedge is a rim click with more volume.
  2. specgrade

What's your latest purchase?

Wife and I bought a house with a great media room/basement so I can play my drums again. It's been a few years. So that's my latest purchase.:alien:
  3. specgrade

Drums and the Significant Other

The entity that gives as much as it gets and never, never ever forgets!
  4. specgrade

Best music documentaries

The Life, Blood and Rhythm of Randy Castillo
  5. specgrade

R.I.P ☹️

Lee, Bob and Randy were The Blizzard Of Ozz. When The Osbourne camp removed Lee's drumming and Bob's bass from the first and second albums it was blaspheme at the highest order. Lee is an important part of my drumming, growing up, and I am gut struck hearing of his death. R.I.P. Mr. Kerslake...
  6. specgrade

Drums and the Significant Other

My ex wife didn't want me to play but just loved to tell people that I played drums. She used to say how good I was but now tells our kids that I suck, lol. My new wife loves that I play and encourages me to play and loves drummers in general. She's the best when I am at my worst. So, yep she...
  7. specgrade

Question for bar-band folks, re some song choices

Toad The Wet Sprocket? Soundgarden? Alice In Chains? I've seen quite a few folks dance to these and some other "out there bands". Screaming Trees? Blind Melon? Hole?
  8. specgrade

And you being the op just had to point that out, lol.
  9. specgrade

Why do you Play?

Mother told me to. I always do what Mother tells me to do.
  10. specgrade

Krokus, Dokken, The Blizzard Of Ozz, Helix, Dangerous Toys, Britny Fox, Cinderella, Ratt, Dio, Guns 'n Roses, AC/DC, Bullet Boys.
  11. specgrade

Happy Birthday Bermuda

Happy belated birthday. What did ya get from Al?
  12. specgrade

Please rate this!

Being in a band will help you. Find some beginner musicians and form one. Make it fun and you will go far. You appear to be more advanced than the couple of months you have been taking lessons for. I taught my nephew and it took him longer to lay down a simple beat. Keep at it and Rock On!
  13. specgrade

RIP Frankie Banali

Man that is terrible! He was an inspiration during my early years learning to play drums. R.I.P. Frankie.
  14. specgrade

Secret weapon...

My Russ Miller Groove Wedge.