Recent content by Sonar Dave

1. Sonar Dave

45-seconds of the Zeppelin!

Those drums look Big. Sounds great!
  2. Sonar Dave

My feet aren't working

Your feet are going to be on the ground. Your head is there to move you around.
  3. Sonar Dave

Deer hunting 2022

White Tail not Mule Deer right?
  4. Sonar Dave

My Introduction

Good for you. Sounds good.
  5. Sonar Dave

Do you feel that playing covers (only) limits development and/or personal satisfaction?

When we were playing bars and clubs we did about 75% covers. Our competition (many bands) played all originals. A lot of them thought they were going to make it big. That was not our goal. We played music that people loved to sing along with and dance to. Many times we were asked to return...
  6. Sonar Dave

Do you feel that playing covers (only) limits development and/or personal satisfaction?

Our originals weren't boring. At least to the individual musicians. We wrote songs in odd-time, challenged ourselves. And the crowds seemed to like it.
  7. Sonar Dave

Who's using a throne with a back rest?

I have to at my age.
  8. Sonar Dave

Dan McCafferty

Loved thlis band in the 70's
  9. Sonar Dave

Drum Kits Mostly Pre-Dating Gaudy Sparkle Wraps

It only goes to 11 ?
  10. Sonar Dave

Covers can get boring sometimes. While I usually tried to cover the drum part exactly, I'd occasionally throw in a ruff or an accent. The band usually chose songs that were somewhat challenging.
  11. Sonar Dave

Welcome. Are any of you Aussies the former "Bleargh" from the old Remo forum?
  12. Sonar Dave

Perfect Drum Score

I always enjoy watching/listening to him.
  13. Sonar Dave

Welcome. Happy Drum reading!
  14. Sonar Dave

Testing brand new camera - Blackmagic Pocket 4k!

Looks and s ounds good.