Recent content by somedrummer

1. somedrummer

It's been a while, but I am still alive!

Hello again to those of you who remember me... It's been some time since I've been around, but things are good! Drum-wise, I'm still playing on my home-built kit (12, 14, 18, 14) that I built back in '09, and it's still holding up great! Playing on a lovely set of Bosphori, with some 13" K...
  2. somedrummer

Meeting Herbie Hancock and Vinnie Colaiuta, and...

Having them sign this drumhead after one of the best shows I've ever been to. I had quite a night last night.
  3. somedrummer

Vintage? Gon Bops Congas

Hello again all... I've once again been away for a while... And here I am again. This time I have come into possession of what appear to be (according to the last hour or so's worth of research) a set of early-80's Gon Bops Congas, an IC 3000 (Conga) and an IT 3000 (Tumba). They're both in...
  4. somedrummer

What should I sell!?

Hi all... Some of you may remember me. It's been a while! Busy with school/work/life etc. Anyway... I've got too many drums. I would like to sell some of them. I come here not to sell them to you (although, if you're interested, PM me), but rather to ask you to help me decide which of the...
  5. somedrummer

My Combined Homemade Kits

Well hello again all. It seems like years since I've been around this way, probably because it has been. But alas, now I feel the need to introduce you to my little big boy. I'm doing my recital for my major in Jazz Studies this semester. I'll be doing a few different things including...
  6. somedrummer

Advice needed re: Inlay hoops.

Hi all... About to start my first attempt at doing inlay hoops... The inlay groove is already cut. It's a 1/2" groove and the depth is perfect for the Champagne Sparkle wrap I'm doing. So I'm looking for tips on 2 things: 1: How to precisely cut the strips of wrap to the proper thickness...
  7. somedrummer

My Home Build: Progress Thread

Snare and Toms Finished! See Post 23 for Pics. Edit: Snare finished, see post #13 for the pics Edit #2: Pics of the Completed set up at the following link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=df3c476a09 This will be the progress thread for what is soon to be my second home...
  8. somedrummer

An Update: Pearl, Vintage Ludwig, And My Home-Built Set

Hello everyone. Been a good while since I've posted any pictures. Life is keeping me quite busy, but today I found the time to devote almost an entire day to drums. I started out just planning on cleaning the drum room, but when I got into it I decided I may as well take some pictures, which...