Recent content by smiffy11FTW

1. smiffy11FTW

Anyone know what mic this is by this picture?

hiya chaps, anyone know what this mic is? I can’t find it anywhere online, thanks :)
  2. smiffy11FTW

Flipping tom mount mount orientation

Hiya Chaps, I've noticed both on my current acoustic kit and others i have seen online is that there is a pattern on bass drums of putting the logo round badge nearest the drummer and the tom mount further away but still facing the drummer (obviously). If that was switched and i put the tom...
  3. smiffy11FTW

Tom extension arms/mounts

Thanks all for your comments, greatly appreciate it! Take care
  4. smiffy11FTW

by clamp do you mean the triple holed attachment or do just mean that toms singular mount with the ball and socket on
  5. smiffy11FTW

apologies, what do you mean by the nut of the tom tree?
  6. smiffy11FTW

thanks mate, ill look into it!
  7. smiffy11FTW

Hiya chaps, I'm having issues positioning my toms how/where i'd like. I think the answer would be too have basically tom arm that comes out further of the ball and socket joint. I've looked everywhere and there doesn't seem to be one - they all seem to be that same standard size that ive circle...
  8. smiffy11FTW

Pitch switching in my head when tuning

thanks guys :) appreciated!
  9. smiffy11FTW

im guessing clear just means evenly tuned? thanks for that mate, ill try that too!
  10. smiffy11FTW

interesting, ill give that a try aswell, cheers :)
  11. smiffy11FTW

thanks man :) yeah im gonna delve into the tunebot!
  12. smiffy11FTW

okay thanks :) Are they pretty reliable would you say? I've seen things about people hitting the same lug multiple times and it giving them different readings?
  13. smiffy11FTW

Hiya chaps, New to the acoustic scene just FYI - So I'm having a real issue with tuning all my drums not necessarily from the mechanical side, but more actually hearing the pitch. I can do this thing in my head where if I have two neighboring lugs and I believe one is higher pitched than the...
  14. smiffy11FTW

Gretsch Renown's tension rods (Toms)

Thanks all for your insight, very much appreciated :)
  15. smiffy11FTW

Gretsch Renown's tension rods (Toms)

thats great, thanks IBPH. Ive literally only just got them and i'm completely new to acoustic so im wrapping my head around tuning haha, but they seem very very nice!