Recent content by slhanks04

1. slhanks04

One foot out the door

Don't feel guilty. I thought it was funny too.
  2. slhanks04

Ever owned or played a "famous" drum set?

About 30 years ago, Simon Phillips did a clinic at a music shop in Cottonwood Heights, UT. I lived in the area at the time, so I went to the clinic and met Simon, then a couple of days later I was back at the store for some sticks and the kit he used was on the floor for sale. I jammed on it for...
  3. slhanks04

What are you doing today as a drummer?

As an IT guy, I'm waiting for 4:00 PM so I can go home. Then as a drummer, I'll spend some time on the kit before my better half gets home from work.
  4. slhanks04

One foot out the door

Thanks, I appreciate all the good suggestions. I knew you guys would have some ideas! I'll just keep plugging away on the kit.
  5. slhanks04

The List of Most Fun to Play Drum Songs

Mama Kin and Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith Rock and Roll, In My Time Of Dying - Zeppelin Purple Haze - Hendrix Detroit Rock City - Kiss Subdivisions - Rush Ain't Talkin' Bout Love - Van Halen Bad Motorscooter, Rock Candy - Montrose Hair of the Dog - Nazareth Snowblind - Sabbath Orgasmatron - Motorhead
  6. slhanks04

One foot out the door

I appreciate each of you taking the time to respond. I'm right handed, so I don't know that switching to a left handed setup at my age would be very practical, and I am far from ambidextrous. I do have a double bass pedal on my kit, but I haven't had much success mastering the LH side. Maybe...
  7. slhanks04

One foot out the door

Cheers all, a few months ago I had my right leg amputated below the knee due to a long and drawn out battle with an infection. Anyway, I'm back on two feet as I now have a prosthetic leg, and I have no intention of giving up drumming. However, without the ability to independently move my foot at...
  8. slhanks04

Too old to Play Drums

40 too old? Ha ha ha. I'll turn 60 in a couple of months.
  9. slhanks04

What's your latest purchase?

Latest purchase was a DW snare stand. I'm sure we all know what one of those looks like, so no pic.
  10. slhanks04

EPIC drum fills...

Arejay Hale of Halestorm does a great cover of "Straight Through the Heart".
  11. slhanks04

EPIC drum fills...

Peart's fills in By-Tor and the Snow Dog are the definition of epic.
  12. slhanks04

EPIC drum fills...

John Bonham in Stairway to Heaven, the fill going into "and as we wind on down the road..."
  13. slhanks04

Help picking new kit

No love for Ludwig?
  14. slhanks04

Do your neighbors complain?

No they don't complain. We live in a subdivision where the houses are fairly close together, but my drum room is on the side of the house where there is a wide green space between our lot and the house to the north.
  15. slhanks04

What kind of music do you traditionally play?

Since what we now call "classic rock" was current when I started playing in the 60's, that's my favorite genre. I also play some metal, but not the real hardcore stuff (ie: Meshuggah or Gojira, etc) I'm just not as fast as I used to be, especially with the bass.