Recent content by Skyking

1. Skyking

DW 9502LB remote hats

Pics sure would help.
  2. Skyking

Bright vs. Dark cymbals

For rock, go bright. For everything else...what does it matter?
  3. Skyking

Is it me? Yamaha DTX 562K & RHH135

Thank you, thank you, thanl you!...I HAD NO IDEA.
  4. Skyking

You know you’re getting old when...

It goes da,da,da, da da da da da da da da da da da da da! ...and real fast too.
  5. Skyking

Decent Used Drums for around $600-$800

20 years of happiness is a tall order. Just ask my ex-wives. But, IMO, ease of setup, portability, and looks mean more to me than brand. With the right heads and tuning they can all sound pretty good.
  6. Skyking

I know I'm getting old when I can't get through "Wipeout" without dropping the sticks or just collapsing on the floor. It's my benchmark or at least it used to be.
  7. Skyking

Yep, drummers can keep time, but we can't stop it. I feel your pain...but Happy Birthday?
  8. Skyking

A little swung sunshine

I liked it! I especially liked the way you stayed in the pocket. It just moved.
  9. Skyking

Ludwig Classic maple "Hepcat"

I swear I don't get it??? What does this set bring to anyone's drumming? To me, the price seems ridiculous. Heads, tuning, style, and cymbals all mean a hell of a lot more. All of these inflated drum set prices have gone stupid silly! They do look nice, but I'd sweat bullets loading and...
  10. Skyking

Danny Seraphine

I saw him with Chicago at Indiana University right after they'd released "Chicago", 1970ish? As a drummer, I was awed. The entire group was fantastic. They were all amazingly talented but without him, Chicago could never be the same.
  11. Skyking

NEED ADVICE... 1965ish LUDWIG PAISTE HIGH HATs

Thanks bongo. And I totally agree about the hats. I told her to sell it all together as life is too short for the hassle of a piece by piece sale.
  12. Skyking

Pricing A 65ish Ludwig Kit?

Opentune thanks for the reply, sorry I did not reply sooner, (serious life got in the way). Fact is, I have 3 kits and I am not into collecting the old stuff. Totally agree about the Ludwig/Paiste's...at least the hats. So I told her to keep it together ask $1500 for everything and expect a...
  13. Skyking

Pricing A 65ish Ludwig Kit?

EVERYTHING is original even the heads. The high hats are 15 inch Ludwigs made by Paiste. Can anybody tell me about them? Especially what are they worth? I'm thinking of making her an offer, OR should I tell her to keep the set all original equipment in order to sell. She also has a Zildjian A...
  14. Skyking

NEED ADVICE... 1965ish LUDWIG PAISTE HIGH HATs

So my sister has a 1965 ish Ludwig Champagne Sparkle kit. Same as the one M. Shrieve (sp?) played at Woodstock. EVERYTHING is original even the heads. I had a thread to evaluate the drums, but not the cymbals. The high hats are 15 inch Ludwigs made by Paiste. Can anybody tell me about them...