Recent content by Skulmoski

1. Skulmoski

Favorite Halloween Band

Who is your favorite Halloween band? Mine is the Cramps. GJS
  2. Skulmoski

Weird Al in the News

Mia Farrow: ‘It’s Possible My Son Was Fathered By Frank Sinatra, Mario Puzo, George McGovern, Robert Altman, Anthony Perkins, Milton Berle, Robert Redford, Michael Caine, Danny Aiello, Or Bruce Dern’ ‘Or Maybe Francis Ford Coppola, John Cassavetes, Tony Curtis, Dustin Hoffman, Quincy Jones...
  3. Skulmoski

Tibetan Cymbals and Gongs

Last January I visited Nepal. At Boudhanath (in Kathmandu) I saw lots of Tibetan cymbals and gongs for sale. Unfortunately, I did not have time to tap them to hear how they sounded. However, I will be returning next week to Nepal and will try to give them a listen. Does anyone here have some of...
  4. Skulmoski

Richie Hayward Tribute

Late last night I was watching videos of Richie Hayward and Little Feat. One of the videos that I came upon was a tribute drum solo based on his Time Loves a Hero groove (one of my favorites!) Marco Minnemann does not get started until about 2:50 so either be patient or skip ahead - it is pretty...
  5. Skulmoski

One of the best rides in the world

Just heard this 22" Spizzichino and it just might be the best ride cymbal I have ever heard! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GRpVS7w4n1E#...
  6. Skulmoski

First Concert

Justin Beiber is coming to Dubai and I am taking my 8 year old daughter and her friend. Both are big fans. While my daughter grew up at folk music festivals (Regina, Calgary, Canmore and Winnipeg), this will be her first concert. My first concert was Nazareth in 1973 and I went by myself; my...
  7. Skulmoski

Mackie SRM350v2 Monitors

Anyone using the Mackie SRM350v2 powered monitors?I looking for a play-back application in my drum room. I can find these at a very inflated price in Abu Dhabi. I welcome your reviews and suggestions. And thanks in advance. GJS
  8. Skulmoski

Jeff Hamilton

I just love watching Jeff's style. One cool video is Apple Honey: http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/jeffhamiltonapplehoney.html I like how he switches from brushes (1:18) to sticks in a really relaxed way. During which he strikes the snare with his hands (1:23). Digging his playing ... GJS
  9. Skulmoski

Neighbour problems

My neighbour came by late last night (1:44 am) and was banging on my door. Luckily I was awake and playing my drums. GJS
  10. Skulmoski

Happy Birthday Chad Smith!

So now that you have turned 50, maybe you can turn your hat around or even get one that is age appropriate?? :-) All the best and thanks for the great grooves. Wishing you another 50+ years! GJS
  11. Skulmoski

Vintage Drum Photos

Any vintage drum fans here? Post your photos. GHS
  12. Skulmoski

Gretsch Delayed Delivery

I was just informed that the Gretsch USA Custom workshop is about 6-8 weeks behind schedule. In July, I ordered a 16" floor tom to get a one-up-two-down set up. So why are they behind? A few scenarios immediately come to mind: 1) Quality problems requiring rework. (I don't think this is the...
  13. Skulmoski

Steve Roden Book

I was looking at Steve Roden's "I Listen to the Wind That Obliterates My Traces" and found some interesting photos. GJS
  14. Skulmoski

Gretsch USA Custom Savanah Sunset

Just in ... my new Gretsch USA Customs in Savanah Sunset (5.5x14, 8x12, 14x14 and 14x20) from Maxwell Drums in New York. What can I say other than they sound fantastic. GJS
  15. Skulmoski

Dublin Drum Shop

Can you recommend a very good drum shop in Dublin? I will be traveling and would like to pick up a few things I can't get in Abu Dhabi. Thanks GJS