Recent content by skm372

1. S

Best Double Bass Pedal for Slave Pedal response/rebound

Hi, Currently using a Tama Iron Cobra pedal (older model before they put the extra spring underneath the pedal). I've been working on my foot technique (using more ankle motion and less stomping) for the last couple months because I was really unsatisfied with how slow my speed and control...
  2. S

Bass Drum single foot speed

Need some help on the bass drum pedal. Trying to get better control and speed out of single pedal drumming. I can play pretty good quick double hits using heel-toe which is great, but I can't play more than 2 8th notes in a row in straight time using that. Trying to really reform my whole...
  3. S

Double Bass help

Hi, I'm sure these types of questions have been answered somewhere else so forgive me for asking again. I'm working on my double bass speed right now, just the basic single stroke RLRLRLRL, and I'm maxing out my speed for 16th notes around 145 bpm. If I really concentrate I can take it a bit...
  4. S

heel/toe double vs 2-foot power

hello, i've been working on learning the heel toe technique to play fast kick drum doubles with just one foot in linear combinations. i've gotten pretty solid with the technique by itself and am now trying to integrate it into beats and fills. I've noticed that the volume I get out of a...
  5. S

Best type of drum head for rubber-like rebound

Hi, New to the forums and I have a question about drum heads. So I've been drumming for about 4 years, but the last 2 years I've been living in one bedroom apts and thus I got a cheap electronic kit to practice on since an acoustic kit wouldn't be viable on a daily basis. I'll be moving in a...
Back