Recent content by Silver’n’Smac

1. Silver’n’Smac

Heads for Ludwig Supraphonic

Now I just need to become a competent drummer (insert jokes here) lol
  2. Silver’n’Smac

Cool. I'm going to go with the clear PS3 (with the integral impact pad). Thanks again Fritz! :-)
  3. Silver’n’Smac

Hey, you've been a big help! Last question (I hope). . . .I'm going to get the Remo Powerstroke P3 (instead of the Evans EMAD2) and I was about to get the clear but it sounds like the clear would be better for a live environment? I'm playing in a very tightly-insulated 7 ft. x 8 ft. x 7 ft...
  4. Silver’n’Smac

Huge help man - thanks. So I’ll go with the heavy coated ambassador top and hazy bottom and try the oil. I didn’t understand your comment about the snare “cord over straps”. The snare wires I have are these...
  5. Silver’n’Smac

I bought my supra in 2016 (new) and it came with the coated head shown below (medium). Would you recommend a change now?
  6. Silver’n’Smac

Coated vs. Clear Heads

Can you tell me which clear pinstripes and ambassadors you're using? You mean the pinstripes as the batter head and the clear ambassador on the resonant? Sorry if I've got this all mixed up.
  7. Silver’n’Smac

Is this what you mean (see below)? Or are you suggesting a different bottom (resonant) than the one that comes with this pack? Also, is this better than the original Ludwig WeatherMaster coated head that my snare drum came with...
  8. Silver’n’Smac

Hey, thanks for all the responses. So much information, so many opinions! Good stuff. I should have asked that you include what type of music you play so I can get an idea of how your favored music genre is influencing your suggestions. Thanks again.
  9. Silver’n’Smac

I have a 14 x 5 Ludwig Supraphonic snare drum and I've been playing with the Ludwig stock heads for a long time. I'd like to swap the heads for something better and more suited to the type of music I generally favor (progressive rock & metal). The rest of the kit is a Tama Silverstar (I'm...
  10. Silver’n’Smac

Coated vs. Clear Heads

Wow! I wasn't expecting nearly this much feedback to my original post and I've received too many responses to thank you all individually. So here's a huge thank you to you all! I really appreciate it. So much knowledge around here that it's a bit overwhelming. You've all thrown so much...
  11. Silver’n’Smac

Coated vs. Clear Heads

Very helpful - thanks!
  12. Silver’n’Smac

Coated vs. Clear Heads

Hey thanks! Just to clarify, I don’t play in a band and mainly just practicing alone when I play (buddies might come over to jam a handful of times a year), so for the most part, it’s just me. And I just bought the Yamaha EAD10 and some Etymotic ER4SR IN-ear monitors. I haven’t set up the...
  13. Silver’n’Smac

Coated vs. Clear Heads

Why single-ply and what type of music? And clear or coated Ambassadors? Thanks
  14. Silver’n’Smac

Coated vs. Clear Heads

Nice! What type of music do you typically play?
  15. Silver’n’Smac

Coated vs. Clear Heads

Thanks - good stuff.