Recent content by SeanMc

1. S

Vic Firth VKB5 Pedal

I meant beater. Anyone use one?
  2. S

Evans Hydraulic Heads

Hi, I want to replace the stock heads on a Tama Swingstar kit I picked up used. Looking for a classic/hard rock sound. Thinking about Evans hydraulic heads. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Sean
  3. S

Vic Firth VKB5 Pedal

Hi, Anyone own the Vic Firth VKB5 bass drum pedal? It looks interesting. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Sean
  4. S

Beginner gear question

I would not not bother with a double bass pedal. I picked up the drums 3 years ago at 52. Went on a gear buying craze. Spend time and money on lessons is my advice.
  5. S

Picking the right sticks

This is such personal choice question. There is no correct answer. I am relatively new to drumming (3 1/2 years). I have a bunch of sticks I have bought over those few years. The guy who got me into playing recommended Vic Firth 2B. I tried them and they were too heavy. I tried different brands...
  6. S

My favorite sticks

ProMark Hickory 5A Pro-Round Wood Tip.
  7. S

Hi-hats: which one?

I have 14 inch A Customs and they are great!
  8. S

Hi-hats: which one?

9. S

RTOM Gel Workout Pad

I came up with a diy solution. I had an old practice pad that was kind of loud so I was not using it. I bought a gel mouse pad at a computer store ($10). It is more like a semi hard pillow than gel. I crazy glued it to the old practice pad. Very little rebound, good workout and very quiet.
  10. S

RTOM Gel Workout Pad

Looking for feedback on the RTOM Gel workout pad. There is a 7 inch version and now a 14 inch version. Has anyone used one? Are they worthwhile? I understand they are designed to give you less of a bounce to increase strength and stamina in your hands. I am working on my doubles...
  11. S

Looking for drum head suggestions for Yamaha Stage Custom Birch kit

I use remo coated Ambassadors. They sound great.
  12. S

My favorite sticks

Promark 5a Hickory Round Tip
  13. S

Drum Kits under 1k

I posted in the wrong location. To recap Yamaha Stage Customs are fantastic!
  14. S

Drum Kits under 1k

15. S

Drum Kits under 1k

I asked a similar question about 3 years ago on this forum. Most people recommended Yamaha Stage Custom. I bought them. They are fantastic!