Recent content by scoreking81

1. S

Dual Ion Studio Session Usb Drums

Hey, im considering buying 2 ion studio session usb drum kits and combining them to make a big set. ill be hooking them both up to my imac and i was wondering if i can make all the drums have different sounds, like how can i get the different kits to make different sounds because i want to use...
  2. S

Best Cheap Edrum Set for Metal

Hi, im looking to buy an electronic drum set to use for practicing metal drumming. I live in an apartment so edrums are my only option. I have a budget of 500-600 dollars total. I already have a throne and an amplifier so i just need pads/rack/module. Im looking for a kit that has - snare, 3...
  3. S

Thinking of building my own drum kit

Hi all, I was considering building my own drum kit recently and had a few questions. 1. I figured out that to build a 10 inch tom for my drum kit it would cost me around 115 bucks (including drilling and lugs and hoops and tension rods, and for a finish my friend is a spray paint artist and said...
  4. S

How can I set this up...

So I was thinking the other day (since I hav some extra $) that i should add some new stuff 2 my kit. I was thinking of an extra snare stand so i can have both of my snares set up at the same time, a 2ndary hihat stand and xtra hats. an extra china and a bell. The last 2 are easy but setting up...
  5. S

Pearl Free Floating 14x6 vs Pearl Joey Jordison Snare

So today i went in my local music store and they were having a big weekend sale and they had 2 snares that i really liked, a pearl free floating 14x6 brass snare ($205) and the pearl joey jordison snare ($135) and i tried them out and liked them both but i couldnt decide on which one. I thought...
  6. S

Recording With an Alesis Multimix 4 USB

So i got an alesis usb multimix 4 usb mixer and a few mics for my kit and have been doing simple recordings on audacity on my laptop and I was wondering if there was a way to record every input on the mixer into a seperate track on the computer. Is that something you need a more advanced mixer...
  7. S

New Gretsch Catalina Ash

Im gettin my new gretsch catalina ash kit in 2 weeks or so, here are the specs Trans Blue Lacquer Finish 8" Rack Tom 10" Rack Tom 12" Rack Tom 14" Floor tom (this one is actually a black Tama Starclassic EFX) 22" Bass 14" Snare Cymbals 14" Zildjian New Beat Hats 16" Sabian AAXplosion Dark Crash...
  8. S

Making a slave pedal into a single bass pedal

Hey all, so u may have seen a few weeks ago that i got a dw9000 slave pedal with a drive shaft in mint condition at a yard sale for $30, i was going to sell it to my local music store but they only offered me $75 for it so i was thinking i could get some pedal parts at guitar center and make it...
  9. S

Gretsch Catalina Ash vs Custom Classic Pro Jazz Birch

Hi, so im getting a jazz kit for graduation and here are the 2 options that im looking at for the $500 or under price range. The first one is a slightly used gretsch catalina ash kit with a 22" kick, 14"snare, and 8", 10" and 12" toms and no hardware other than mounting. I feel that this kit...
  10. S

New Jazz kit, need help with heads

Hey everyone, today my dad suprised me with a new gretsch catalina ash kit (its gonna take a few days to arrive) but it is really awesome, he got it for me cuz im graduating 8th grade and im learning a lot more jazz drumming, the kit comes with an 8" 10" and 12" toms, and it comes with shitty...
  11. S

DW 9000 Slave and Drive Shaft

Hey, So yesterday i saw a sign near my street that said "Music Lovers Yard Sale 12-8" and it was 7 when i saw this, so i figured all the good stuff was gone, but decided to check it out anyway, so i looked and all they had left was a shitty bass and a guitar and some effects stuff, but then i...
  12. S

Evans EMAD vs. Aquarian Superkick3

Hi guys, i need a new kick head to replace my stock ddrum kick head(actually its labled "snare head" haha) I have played on my friends crappy pearl forum with an emad head on it and it sounds AMAZING, like exactly the sound i like BUT I love aquarian and the Superkick 3 looks really nice, it...
  13. S

Pearl Free Floating Brass Snare Drum

Hey, I was wondering how a 14x6 Pearl Free floating brass snare would sound, they have one in stock in a music store thats kinda far away from me so i dont wanna take a long drive down there to try it out but I really like brass snares (especially reference ones but i cant afford em) so is this...
  14. S

Coated Heads for Metal?

A few months ago i got some evans coated heads (g2 maybe? i forget but i still have the boxes at my rehersal space) to put on my floor toms of my export kit i was selling. when i tuned em up I thought they sounded really punchy and good for metal. Is this true? Or are they awful for metal? Lemme...
  15. S

Converting my 13x9 mounted tom into a snare?

Hi, I have an old 13x9 mounted tom and i wanted to convert it into a snare. I was thinkin of just grabbing a beat up and shitty 13" steel snare from my local music store (like 25 bucks) and just taking the bottom hoop and strainer off that and then drillin holes on the mounted tom to re-install...