Recent content by Sakae2xBopster

1. Sakae2xBopster

INSTAGRAM / YOUTUBE DRUMMING CULTURE: LOVE IT? HATE IT? WHY?

Love it. Wish YouTube existed when I first started playing as a kid, 50 years ago. So much information and great playing out there. Like anyone else on here, I'm pretty discerning about what I watch. But IMO there is a lot of great stuff out there. And it's free!
  2. Sakae2xBopster

What are you listening to right now?

One morning in 1979 or 1980 I was sitting in a pew during the Sunday service at St. Stephens Uniting Church in Sydney, Australia. I thought it was odd that people were turning around to have a look at me, trying to be unobtrusive, but staring nonetheless. After some time I looked over my right...
  3. Sakae2xBopster

show off your snare

Herrlichen!
  4. Sakae2xBopster

Maybe I am old but I just don’t understand this

The complaints I see in forums tend to be big ones, and I'm glad to know about them. For the little stuff, it's easy enough to skip over a thread.
  5. Sakae2xBopster

13x7 Snare Drum

I'm always surprised at how much of a difference there is between my 12s and my 14s. Have never tried a 13. FWIW I use G1's on my 12s.
  6. Sakae2xBopster

A little PJ Harvey. Rob Ellis' amazing drumming is always spot on.
  7. Sakae2xBopster

Smaller diameter tom deeper than the succeeding tom...

Purdie's snare seems really low in this video. Is it common?
  8. Sakae2xBopster

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

I concur with the earlier poster who said this has been a difficult thread to read. I'm glad you get to talk to a real person tomorrow who can actually do something. Also, I think Chuck should have a word with Amanda. She should have channeled you to the front of the queue IMO. My...
  9. Sakae2xBopster

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

So sorry about your story. Maybe you could ask Sweetwater to send you the Sonor AQX instead . . . Sonor AQX Jazz 4-piece Shell Pack - Red Moon Sparkle | Sweetwater
  10. Sakae2xBopster

FEMALE DRUMMERS: YOUR FAVES & WHY?

I like male drummers, female drummers, young drummers, old drummers, reggae drummers, jazz drummers, you name it! Here are some female favs-- SHEILA E -- Saw her perform live at the Jacksonville Jazz Fest a few years ago. An amazing talent. Amazing musical family, pretty good singer, too...
  11. Sakae2xBopster

What is "Worship Music"?

There is a spectrum of "worship" music often dependent on the setting, from huge protestant megachurches, to a medium-sized Catholic church that I attend, to small independent churches. I don't know about synagogues or mosques. I think it's hard to be a good worship drummer because there often...
  12. Sakae2xBopster

Didn't realize until I looked that "Human on the Inside" was produced by Charley Drayton. No wonder the drums are so great on Chrissy A's version!!!
  13. Sakae2xBopster

Negative effects of positive feedback.

In retrospect, I should have said "more solos from Gadd!" LOL
  14. Sakae2xBopster

Negative effects of positive feedback.

I've met a number of musicians over the years. Some well-known: Carl Palmer, Roger Earl, Lou Gramm, Jimmy Webb, Gary Lewis, Dan Tracey, Joe Locke, Rex Smith. Many more not as well-known but often equally talented (or sometimes even more so). Without exception each performer was gracious and...
  15. Sakae2xBopster

I had this problem the first time I tried to post, and I use a PC. Wrong way: Having YouTube open, I right clicked on the URL, copied it, and pasted it in to my drummerworld response, like this - Republica - Ready to Go [1997] - YouTube Right way: With YouTube open and with the video...