Recent content by sacco

1. sacco

Gretsch Renown - Issue with 20" Bass Drum

Well, maybe because: (i) not everybody wants to strike a bass drum in the center and (ii) it is always possible to adjust the beater's height ...
  2. sacco

Show us your SEVEN piece kits

Sometimes I use the 18" bass drum you see in the back and an 8" tom, but currently this is the setup I prefer.
  3. sacco

Intermediate Jazz Independence Ideas

Love your touch!
  4. sacco

Can anyone ID this kit, or just eyeball the diameter of the bass drum?

As somebody already said, the set is an Amati from former Czechoslovakia. Have a look here Amati - Kraslice, Czechoslovak Drums and Percussion and here Amati: Once, an object of desire. Based on what I know and read about Amati, I think the diameter of their drums was in inches and not in cm...
  5. sacco

AE Hybrid | Drums - new electronic drum company from Germany

Quite impressive! The demos are nice and convincing. May I make a suggestion? Open a thread under «Drum Gear - Recording - Mixing» => «Drums» and/or «Electronic Drums».
  6. sacco

New Gloryhammer live video

Definitely not my cup of tea, but extremely well done and excellent, solid drumming!
  7. sacco

8" Toms

I've been using an 8" tom since 1991 and I like it very much, even if I recognise that it is not always easy to tune it so that it does not interfere too much with my snares ... Tamburo Original maple stave set - 18" BD - 8" - 10" - 12" - 13" - 14" and two 14" snares (6.5" and 4.25").
  8. sacco

Gretsch was good enough for Remo.

Have a look at this article: nice picture of Belli playing a Gretsch kit in 1947 as well as interesting infos about the first plastic drumhead, that was not a Remo! https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/business/remo-belli-developer-of-the-synthetic-drumhead-dies-at-88.html
  9. sacco

DS Rebel Custom Shop wood comparison

... and there is also an interesting bass drum comparison: DS Rebel BD comparison
  10. sacco

DS Rebel Custom Shop wood comparison

I stumbled on this video, made by Italian drum builder DS, which compares various woods used for their Rebel Custom Shop models, and I found it quite interesting (headphones recommended): DS Rebel Custom Shop Comparison By the way: their website really deserves a visit: DS Drums.
  11. sacco

Jazz lovers here?

Really great, your playing is absolutely outstanding! And your right hand grip is fantastic: I'm still trying to figure out how you use your little finger ...
  12. sacco

Want your input on steel snare drums.....

About a year ago, through Facebook's market place, I happened upon a Tama King Beat with parallel thow off that was sold for the equivalent of about 90 USD. The snare was pretty used, but I told myself that in the worst case scenario I could keep the two die cast hoops. Anyway, after I gave it a...
  13. sacco

Sheffield Songo - (Peter Fernandes)

Bravo Fabio, very nice, great playing!
  14. sacco

50 songs in 2 years

I sincerely invite everybody here to watch that video, which is definitely quite different - in a very positive way - from what we normally see / hear today. And beside the interesting compositions CYP's drumming is really excellent!
  15. sacco

50 songs in 2 years

Oh, I did not intend it as a criticism: at the opposite, I find it very interesting that somebody try to keep Zappa's aesthetic alive in new forms!