Recent content by RyanA7X

1. R

First gig advice

Hey guys, I am going to be playing my first show with the school band since joining earlier in the year when I just started high school. The drummer they had has now basically finished school so I now play all the gigs. I am playing at a small town festival next Saturday and I am quite exited...
  2. R

Kit miking

Hello, I have purchased a Phonic AM 240 mixer. I am looking to mic my kit but the mixer only supports two mic inputs. What is the best mic positioning for my drum kit? I have: Hi hats, Ride, two crash's, china. Snare, bass, 2 rack toms, floor tom. If you would like a picture of the kit I would...
  3. R

Interest loss.

Hey guys, I have recently been getting bored while playing the drums in the past week or two. I am only 13 years old and I have been playing for as my best guess nearly two years. I had lessons when I was about 8 years old for under a year but stopped because I was so young and it was hard for...
  4. R

Upgrading drumkit

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my current drumkit to something with a better sound and more drums. I currently have a cheap Promax begginers kit consisting of, Drums:Snare, 2x rack toms, floor tom and bass with a double bass pedal. Cymbals: 2x crash, Hi hats, 1x ride and china. I am looking for...
  5. R

Important learning areas?

Hey guys As if the moment I am 13 years old and hoping to start playing in a band I have made with some other cousins (Bassist/Vocalist and lead guitar) The point of this post is to find out what the most important thing for me to be doing/practicing/learning as a drummer at the current time to...
  6. R

Best pedal- Cheapest price

Hello, I am hoping to purchase a new drum kit (Ddrum Death Punx double bass kit) and reviews have said that the pedals that come with the kit are terrible. Would any one be able to recommend a single bass pedal that has the best quality for the lowest price? If so that would be a great help...
  7. R

Answers needed!

Hey, I am currently 13 years old and I have a few questions. First of all, my preferred music genre is metal, whether its thrash metal, heavy metal, hardcore, screamo or just metal I listen to nothing other. Saying that what are some good songs to cover in that genre? I search through tabs often...