Ruok's latest activity

• Ruok
    Ruok reacted to C.M. Jones's post in the thread Coffee with Like Like.
    Have you tried replacing coffee with caffeinated tea -- such as English blends? Tea releases caffeine into the bloodstream at a slower...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread What is "Worship Music"?.
    I'll try to be careful to answer some of these questions without getting into religion. Yes. For me, being a worship musician absolutely...
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to Drumolator's post in the thread What is "Worship Music"? with Like Like.
    Not all CCM is lame, although most of the popular stuff is. But isn't that true for almost all popular music? There is Christian music...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread What is "Worship Music"?.
    I just quit my church gig, for several reasons. A big part of it was the songs. I couldn't take it anymore. It used to be ok because we...
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to DrumDoug's post in the thread What is "Worship Music"? with Like Like.
    While technically any music you worship to is worship music, “Worship Music” is a style of music has evolved over the last 20 years or...
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to Vintage Old School's post in the thread Great art comes from great pain with Like Like.
    Author Kurt Vonnegut shared an encounter in his life that changed his mindset and freed him to pursue and enjoy his purpose for the...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread Lyrics you just got wrong.
    Years ago I bought a Beatles songbook for Keys/Guitar. It was one of those books that simplified the chords for those of us who aren't...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread Lyrics you just got wrong.
    I know someone (it wasn't me) who as a kid thought the lyrics were, Dirty deeds and thunder cheeks! 😂 My own big blunder was "We are...
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to C.M. Jones's post in the thread Phil Rudd's Views on Click Tracks with Like Like.
    Unfailing backbeat master Phil Rudd never uses click tracks. Here's an excerpt from an interview: Interviewer: As for recording, do you...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread Female drummers?.
    I was perusing the new Paiste website and found Elise Trouw and she plays various instruments and sings. So I just picked one random...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread Female drummers?.
    Viola Clara Smith. Unfortunately, she just passed away on October 21, 2020. She died at 107 years young.
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to Griffin's post in the thread Albums You Hated - But Became a Favorite with Like Like.
    Just picked up the Trafalgar LP this week, such a great record!
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread Zildjian- vintage vs newer.
    Whenever I watch a band or a live video, my first thoughts are, What drums are they and what cymbals are they. If I see no logo, it...
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to SomeBadDrummer's post in the thread Zildjian- vintage vs newer with Haha Haha.
    Which looks worse? It really is a toss up..
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to SomeBadDrummer's post in the thread For Heart fans with Like Like.
    They were certainly among the pioneers of female rockers with some excellent music. Very talented group.