Recent content by Rotarded

1. Rotarded

Show us your personal drum set history - with pics

1st Kit: 1976 (bought new by Mom and Dad) Ludwig Pro Beat. (13,14,16,18,24,Supra) 2nd, 3rd, and 4th kits, in order: 1990s Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage (8,10,12,14, 22) 1964 Ludwig (12,13,14,16,20) 2014 PDP Concept Maple (8,10,12,14,16) 5th Kit: 2018 DW Performance (8,10,12,14,16,22) 6th...
  2. Rotarded

Copper Hoops

Yes they are, in both cases.
  3. Rotarded

Copper Hoops

Yes, as an answer to 2+ year old post, they hold up..... I have a Copperphonic with the Ludwig plated die cast, and I have a 402 with aftermarket plated Ludwig triple flange. Both hold up beautifully to normal practice and gigging use.
  4. Rotarded

Best heads for Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage

I used black suede emperors over ebony ambassadors on my old SCA and loved the combo. especially at lower tunings.
  5. Rotarded

Your first band

Johnny Hitler and the 4 man microwave. High School: 1979/81 Jon - Vocals Kevin - Bass Mark - Lead guitar James - Rhythm guitar Mike (me) - Drums Punk band. We played 2 gigs. One before I left for college. The Senior Show (2 shows back to back as only half of the school could fit in the...
  6. Rotarded

Comprehensive Gear List

1964 Ludwig Black Diamond Pearl 3ply (12,13,14,16,20) All original hardware (Speed king, Flat base snare and cymbal stands(3), 1123 Spur Loc hi-hat, Red 1025-1 Throne) 1960's 14" A Zildjian paper thin hats, 18" Crash/Ride, 15" UFIP Crash Electro Voice RE20 externally 1998 Ayotte Custom "Ray...
  7. Rotarded

Most beautiful drum tracks??

Manu Katché paints a picture....
  8. Rotarded

My drum key

This one?
  9. Rotarded

I find the category "Ladies" to be quite insensitive. Can Drummerworld do a better job of giving female drummers the credit that they deserve?

Why has no one has mentioned being offended by the annual "Hit like a girl" Site/Contest, that's been running for over a decade????
  10. Rotarded

I find the category "Ladies" to be quite insensitive. Can Drummerworld do a better job of giving female drummers the credit that they deserve?

I find that the longer I live (now almost 59), the less I care about being "insensitive". Just being honest here.
  11. Rotarded

1099 from Paypal??

I got one. I sold over $20K in retired computer equipment for my boss's LLC, but about $3k in drum equip. Was surprised to get that notification. Gotta love the IRS....
  12. Rotarded

Did you ever ignore one of your kits only to ask "what was I thinking"?

I rotate between 3 very different kits, depending on venue/gig. A Stainless kit, a vintage 3ply Mahogany, and a modern Maple. If I haven't played one in a while, I am always pleasantly reminded why I bought/love that kit.
  13. Rotarded

Any PC Gamers?? Anyone here use discord??

New to gaming a year ago at 58 years old. Horizon Zero Dawn, Borderlands 3, Anthem, Godfall, and Guild Wars 2 are the list as of now. I do have Steam and Discord....BUT have only a few (3) very close friends that I play with, as I have reached the "hate people" and "get off my lawn" paradigm...
  14. Rotarded

How Perfect Is Perfect Timing?

Aw Man, this reminds me of good times with Esther Craw playing the accordion at Deibels Restaurant in German Village/Columbus.
  15. Rotarded

Advice sought - loose air grommets on Yamaha BCA’s…

I think the bolt is the safest option of all. If you go slowly and carefully, you can mitigate the possibility of cracking the lacquer. An 1/8 of a turn, loosen, check. Repeat.... Only other option I would think, but comes with more risk as well, is: Remove the lugs on either side of the...