Recent content by Rotarded

1. Rotarded

1970s (?) Ludwig Super Classic

Power toms (deep toms) are not that desirable now. The 17" floor is not a common size and may not help. Are you selling it complete with cymbals?? I'd spitball an estimate, with what look to be low end cymbals, at maybe an absolute high of $800. The snare itself is becoming more popular and...
  2. Rotarded

1970s (?) Ludwig Super Classic

Chicago large keystone badge places them solidly at 1984. This was a one year badge before they moved to Monroe NC in 1985. The Standard snare was introduced in 1969, but could be early 70's as the serial numbers can not date it either. It may have a date stamp inside the shell.
  3. Rotarded

Simple songs that are more interesting upon analysing them?

This was one of my band's signature covers, which I love. Our bassist can nail it note for note. But yes, 16ths on the hats, at 142 BPM, for 6 minutes is a grind. Not to mention the bass drum doubles, that come in with the the 8ths on hats, 2/3rds of the way through.... We always ended the first...
  4. Rotarded

Any guesses how high this will go?

I was thinking it'll top out just over $400, maybe $425. I've seen too many crazy high numbers on inferior condition drums though....
  5. Rotarded

What is your “old relable” snare drum ?

They kinda did in 1976. Factory original imperials, one of 7 known.
  6. Rotarded

What is your “old relable” snare drum ?

This has been my go to since I found it last year. 1976 LM401 Lacquer over brass. Sublime!
  7. Rotarded

What's the worst that can happen to a drumkit...in a flooded basement?

Been there twice. Got lucky both times because I had my bass drums up on rubbermaid bins once in prep for a vacation, and I had built a 6 inch "stage", and put my other kit on my portable riser, after the first time. I'd recommend, at minimum: Check the sump pump. Make sure there is no debris...
  8. Rotarded

Do most drummers hate metal ? as much as normal popheads? ( extreme metal)

I don't "hate" metal, or metal drumming, Modern metal just does nothing for me. I lump blast beat metal drumming in with DCI. To me it is just an assault of incredibly fast click noises. I have great respect at the practice and skill involved in the execution of both, but my interest in...
  9. Rotarded

Which Ludwig Snare should I get?

You can't go wrong with any of the Supraphonic variants. I have Supras (2 Ludalloy, 1 Brass), a hammered Copperphonic, a Bronze Supra , a Black Beauty, a Lacquered Brass (401), and 3 very different Acrolites. All sound great, but each has their own voice. Hammering dries a drum out, taming some...
  10. Rotarded

Vintage Drum Forum suspended?

I'm getting this:
  11. Rotarded

What are the simplest songs you play that you love?

Agreed, yet many cover band drummers do not understand, or cannot execute, playing behind the beat. Something that Charlie does masterfully creating "feel" that is often missing in covers.
  12. Rotarded

Show off your Ludwigs? : )

Snares:
  13. Rotarded

Talent level and band option

I agree with what Jose and Al have said. I played for 10 years with my band, most of whom were far ahead of me as musicians in the beginning. They brought me up to their level with patience, and provided motivation by being positive and constructive. To me it's not the level of talent around...
  14. Rotarded

Requesting Help Finding Drums

For metal, there's always Stainless Steel.... Muahahahahahahahaha!