Recent content by roncadillac

1. roncadillac

Light stick lover - can't win

Mine are all 16" on the dot and these are the wood tips which have a shorter ball type tip, the nylon tips may even add 1/16 of an inch +/- (say 1-2mm).
  2. roncadillac

GC sells both the single pairs and the 4pk bricks of the SP sticks. My local store has them on the very bottom of the stick rack in a non-marked area. If you didn't know what you were looking for you would think they are just overstock of other stick haha. They have a practice pad set up next...
  3. roncadillac

Ok, since I recently got a new 'brick' of x4 pairs of SP 7a's I figured they would be best to test since they have no wear/use. I ripped open the brick and weighed out each individual stick then listed the results in the pairs they were packed as (I ended up resorting the pairs to have more...
  4. roncadillac

Actually, yes haha. Give me a few minutes, I'll get back to you on that
  5. roncadillac

Regal Tip Update July 2021 - trying again to get info

Awesome, thanks man! As always I appreciate your transparency and helpful suggestions.
  6. roncadillac

My understanding is that he is one of their artists and has a signature model stick. If they are at a point where production has dramatically scaled back, they may be focusing all efforts on artist relations and artist models. I'm just guessing honestly. And I'm not saying that against @Living...
  7. roncadillac

This is all a damn shame because I'm still on the hunt for a pair of their 550w hickory handle fixed (non-retractable) brushes. Absolutely hands down my favorite brushes ever and I can't seem to find them. I'm currently using a vater wood handle brush and it's ok but the handle is much thicker...
  8. roncadillac

Good observation, as someone who almost exclusively uses the SP 7a I also find I have to 'dig' a bit harder in higher volume situations however... That is a non-issue for me anymore as I don't play 'heavy' music anymore, the musicians I play with don't crank amps, I'm not that heavy handed, and...
  9. roncadillac

I've been back and forth on all of the above sticks for probably 15 years now and keep finding myself preferring the vater manhattan 7a the most... Which is why I buy the Sound Percussion 7a. It's the exact same dimensions and feels exactly the same but they run about 50-60% less then the...
  10. roncadillac

These are not your exact dimensions but in the same ballpark plus they are readily available pretty much everywhere and all of these are available in nylon tips. I have a lot of personal experience with all of these (I also prefer thinner lighter sticks) so let me know if you have any...
  11. roncadillac

A Drum Shop Database Thread

Yes, I noticed that as well. I'll look around and if I learn more I'll post here again. They do advertise on a radio station out of Orlando that is one of the largest stations in the state and they mention "new, used, vintage, and even custom drums!" but their website seems to only mention the...
  12. roncadillac

Come on, Guitar Center...

I'm in Florida, our minimum wage is $8.65 an hour currently and back in 2019 when I had that conversation with said GC employee we were only $8.48 an hour. In addition (well, at my local GC atleast) these people are typically working 30-35 hours a week, not 40. So 30-35 hours at under $9 per...
  13. roncadillac

I stopped paying attention to GC employees when one kept talking to me about the "20x20" bass drum of the Gretsch Catalina jazz kit"
  14. roncadillac

I talked to a local GC employee who told me they bring home less then $1k a month and that is a good month with strong commission lol. I get paid like crap and make well over double that. At the time I spoke to that person I was doing my old (pre-covid) sales rep gig where I was making more...
  15. roncadillac

China/Trash Cymbals - what for ?

The first 1-3 hits on a china and I am always excited. The following hits just always make me say, "yeah... I don't really need that."