Recent content by Rochelle Rochelle

1. Rochelle Rochelle

DW 3000 snare stand base diameter

I am very short and I have everything in pretty close to me and I want space to put my double pedal on. I have gotten a two-legged hi-hat stand and I am looking for a snare stand where the legs don't extend out as far. With the current stand I have, if I don't extend the legs all the way out...
  2. Rochelle Rochelle

What I mean is the diameter of the feet when they are extended.
  3. Rochelle Rochelle

Can anyone who had one of these stands tell me the diameter of the base? I'm looking for a stand that has a smaller footprint but I don't see this spec listed.
  4. Rochelle Rochelle

Am I too old to start drumming?

As a fellow mom who started at an older age (37), definitely go for it! I was pregnant when I went to my first lessons with a teacher. I did it for 6 months and due to some complications I had to stop, but after having my son and waiting until he went to preschool, I picked it back up. I had...
  5. Rochelle Rochelle

Drum throne for short person??

I have the Roc N Soc short too.
  6. Rochelle Rochelle

Albums You Hated - But Became a Favorite

Moby - Play I had heard so much about it after it came out and there was so much praise for it so I got it and after the first listen, I couldn't understand what the fuss was about. I shelved it for a long time and then came back to it and it just clicked and I realized that it was an awesome...
  7. Rochelle Rochelle

What are you listening to right now?

My husband loathes this song and of course it's always playing at every store you go into during the holiday time!
  8. Rochelle Rochelle

Have streaming services like Spotify changed how you listen to music?

At first I planned to hang onto my stance of physical media only, but I subscribed to Spotify a few years ago and used it to discover new things to buy on physical media then last year I just gave up and switched to Apple Music and uploaded all of my library and integrated it with the stuff I...
  9. Rochelle Rochelle

At what age did you start drumming?

I started at 37...now 46 and have come a long way
  10. Rochelle Rochelle

Bass drum notation for drum sheet music

I do some of my own transcriptions and I leave out the obvious rests because it looks too busy with them all in there. On most grooves it's pretty obvious where they are, but with fills that aren't obvious I put them in.
  11. Rochelle Rochelle

Billy Joel Drummer Liberty DeVitto on His New Memoir, Making Peace with His Old Boss

It seemed like he treated the other band members like crap too.
  12. Rochelle Rochelle

Billy Joel Drummer Liberty DeVitto on His New Memoir, Making Peace with His Old Boss

I lost a lot of respect for Billy Joel after watching Hired Guns.
  13. Rochelle Rochelle

Yet another left-handed right-footed post/thread

I took your post to mean that everyone should develop the ability to play proficiently with either hand/foot. Sorry if that is not what you meant. As someone who has experienced this left-handed bordering-on-discrimination problem for 45 years, I feel it's not ok to force us to just live in a...
  14. Rochelle Rochelle

Easy pre-beginner song?

One of the first songs I learned was Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down. Basic rock beat and there's a one-bar fill that happens a few times throughout and you can just play the beat through it when it come up until you get comfortable and can practice the fill.
  15. Rochelle Rochelle

Yet another left-handed right-footed post/thread

While most drummers can develop their non-dominant hand/foot in order to play well, I bet most of them could not sustain a show or any other long session switching to the other configuration. Also, this is what I'm talking about when I say left-handed people are chastised for wanting to use...