Recent content by robertondrums

1. R

Finally got a vid up on youtube!!!!!!

Hey guys and girls, I've been meaning to get a video up of myself playing for ages and I have finally done it. Sadly it's two years old so it's back in the day when I was 18. Shortly after filming it my camera broke and I have never replaced it. Damb!! Haha. Check it...
  2. R

Finally got a vid up on youtube!!!!!!

Hey guys and girls, I've been meaning to get a video up of myself playing for ages and I have finally done it. Sadly it's two years old so it's back in the day when I was 18. Shortly after filming it my camera broke and I have never replaced it. Damb!! Haha. Check it...
  3. R

I love this drum kit!!!

Just found out that my bro has put a vid up on youtube of me playing this awsome roland electric drum kit. Best I've ever played on!! Never bin a fan of electric kits until I played this one. I'm playing it in a music store and could'nt resist a bit of drum n bass. LOL. Check it out, let me...
  4. R

Busking is Awesome!!!!!!! Finally out there with my suitcase kit!!!

Hello fellow drummers! Thought I would post this thread just to say thanks to all the drummers that helped me to get started busking and for all their advice. I've been busking now for the past few months and it is amazing. Nothing like cheering the people up in the streets, seeing kids dance...
  5. R

Wooden tips chipping!!!!

Hey everyone, At the moment I'm currently very frustrated and wondered if any of you could help. For years now I've been playing with Vater 5a nylon tipped sticks and have loved the feel of them. They've allowed me to play at both fast and slow speeds with ease. However I've recently grown...
  6. R

DW cable (remote) Hi-Hat stand.

I've been looking everywere for a tama cable hi hat but with no success, as they have stopped making them, so I have now desided to go for the dw cable hi hat. However I have just one question about the dw cable Hi Hat to those who own one or know somthing about them. Are the legs that are...
  7. R

What kits do you recommend for busking?

Hey everyone, Ive recently just started to get involved with my bro in busking and am wondering if any of you happen to have any suggestions on what type of drumkit I should use for playing in the streets? I have Jojo Mayers DVD (secret weapons for the modern drummer) and I love the kit that...
  8. R

Where did you start with heels up?

Hi it's me again LOL, you might have noticed I've posted a lot of questions about heels up on double pedal recently, thats how much its annoying me!!! Anyways, I'm just wondering how did you first start practising heels up both feet on double pedal? What did you do that really worked for you...
  9. R

How does Heel down improve Heel up?

Hey everyone, recently I've been told quite a number of times that I should practise playing heel down more in order to improve my heel up playing. Now I don't dowt that playing heel down will improve my heel up but I'm just curious to know how it improves heel up playing. So, how does it...
  10. R

How to practise heels up?

Hi everyone, I just want to know how you double bass monsters practise your heels up technique. I've been playing double bass for about 7 or 8 months and I can reach 140bpm 16th notes using my full leg comfortably (I have got to 160bpm in the past but struggled). So how do you practise getting...
  11. R

Practise drum kits. What do you recommend?

Hey everyone, Im interested in purchasing a practise drum kit. The reason for this is so that I can practise annoying patterns at anytime of day and night anywhere I want without annoying my family. My parents have never complained, after all I am in a sound proof room but they can hear it a...
  12. R

New Album Out Now By EchoTown!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, Just letting you know my band Echotown has just released their new album. You can check out the website at http://echotown.co.uk. Its all our older material thats about 3 to 5 years old that we wanted to get out the way but a lot of people like it so far. Check it out, see if you...
  13. R

Why have Tama stopped making cable hi hat stands?

Hi people, I'm interested in buying a Tama cable hi hat stand but first I'm interested in the reason why they stopped making them because I don't really want to buy one if there renound for breaking or if they have recurring problems. If you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks a lot...
  14. R

singles vs rudiments

OK so I really dont get this. Why is it that I can do complex rudiments with my feet and multi-pedal orchestration, and I can do practically anything with my feet that my hands can do, i.e, the type of stuff you see on thomas langs creative coordination dvd. Yet, I cant seem to get past 136 bpm...
  15. R

double stroke roll on double bass.

Hi everyone, just a quick question. Im interested to no what technique you people use for your double stroke roll with your feet? For example, Heel toe, heel up etc. Do you prefere to accent the first note or the second note of each double stroke? i.e.Thomas Lang accents the second note. What do...
Back