Recent content by Roadydad

1. Roadydad

R.I.P Neil Peart

Just read it on the news. Another legend gone.
  2. Roadydad

Ever had a band you just couldn't like

Queen. Whenever they pop up on the radio, the station gets changed at lightning speed. The Beatles. Same as above. Any metal. Again, see above.
  3. Roadydad

Does this bass drum make me look small?

Cool kit, and if the sounds right, doesn't matter how tall one is. All you need now is a 26' Paiste GB to go with it.
  4. Roadydad

What's your latest purchase?

Frosticles, your on a buying binge. I love it !
  5. Roadydad

Formula for how many snare drums you need

5, and they all get swapped around. I love variety.
  6. Roadydad

90s drumkits, who still has one?

Yamaha maple customs, early 90's. They have been VERY well taken care of. Use them for concert band and the odd church gig. 18x14 - 12x10 - 14x14 - 14x5 snare ( not pictured ). The kick is smallish, but has enough boom for the size of the band. Not the greatest of pics, sorry !
  7. Roadydad

My new Gretsch drums

Turns out they WERE on my front porch. Glad they got to you safely ! As already mentioned, yellow does look good on a kit. Have fun, and don't baby them, play the things. Cheers.
  8. Roadydad

My new Gretsch drums

Hi Larry ! Oops, did I unsettle a few people ? Oh well, too bad. Come on, Gretsch, hurry up !
  9. Roadydad

RIP Tom Petty

Another of my favorites gone.
  10. Roadydad

Us With Wolves

Hi guys, this is my very first thread after a few years on the board, and I hope this is ok. My son's a drummer in the above mentioned band. They've just released Kings on Youtube and ITunes. I would appreciate if some of you could have a listen, and if you like share it along. It would mean a...