R
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• R
      RK1 replied to the thread Neil Peart.
      Yes. This.
    • R
      RK1 reacted to iCe's post in the thread Neil Peart with Like Like.
      Neil taught me two things: 1) If there is room for a fill, fill it 2) Never play the same fill twice in a song
    • R
      RK1 replied to the thread Neil Peart.
      Neil was my greatest influence. Period. No one comes close. I’ve still absorbed others as I continue to improve, but Neil imprinted his...
    • R
      Formative years: Peart, Copeland, Alex Van Halen, Dave Lombardo, Charlie Benante. Now: Carter McClean, Gadd, Vinnie, Mel Gaynor, David...
    • R
      Lombardo uses 20” from TAMA.
    • R
      That’s Carter on a GW. I think he’s hinting that GW is a Ludwig imitator. Neusonic, Classic and Legacy are all US-made. GW is in...
    • R
      RK1 posted the thread Fun poll in Drums.
      This is just to gauge everyone’s thinking.
    • R
      RK1 reacted to Winston_Wolf's post in the thread Poll with Like Like.
      They did, but I see both Saturn IV and V as steps down from Saturn III, and Armory a step down from Meridian Maple. Some of that is...
    • R
      RK1 replied to the thread Poll.
      TAMA wins this poll. I’ve loved TAMA since I started playing, but I will confess I have a Sonor SQ1 that’s just incredible. Shane from...
    • R
      They did do the Saturn Evo and Armory.
    • R
      Totally agree. Revealing my bias, I love TAMA, but I think the Saturns sound better. I’d feel like cheating. 😂 (Gene Hoagland and Ray...
    • R
      RK1 reacted to C. Dave Run's post in the thread Poll with Like Like.
      The brand doesnt matter, you do. Get the drums you like the looks of better. That goes a long way towards being happy with your...
    • R
      RK1 posted the thread Poll in Drums.
      Excluding ease of setup because TAMA wins going away, if you wanted to play Metal, which would you buy? This is a sound question.
    • R
      RK1 replied to the thread Should I get a Steel snare?.
      Cymbals. You cannot go cheap on them because you cannot make them sound better. Ever.
    • R
      RK1 replied to the thread Should I get a Steel snare?.
      TAMA’s SLP line is dope. I have 3.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…