Recent content by rinlow

1. R

Gretsch Renown Replacement Drum Heads- Any tips?

Does anyone have suggestions for replacement heads for their gretsch renown kits(or others)? Should I also consider replacing the resonant heads as well or just start with the batters?
  2. R

Gretsch Renown Single Cymbal Mount on Tom Bracket - Sizing?

Awesome! I'll be ordering ASAP. Curious, do you have any tuning pitch recommendations for your kit? I'm using a template from drum tune pro and it sounds okay. Might need to replace the stock heads down the line too.
  3. R

DW 5000 Adjustment Advice

Bo - Thanks so much for the tips. You were right on! After closer inspection, the 3/8"screw was missing from undernearth the beater that tighens it to the axle. A quick trip to the hardware store, and 59 cents later, I'm back in business, with no more rattling. Huge improvement! I'll...
  4. R

DW 5000 Adjustment Advice

I’m newbie drummer looking to get some advice on how to adjust an older single chain DW5000. I’ve adjusted the spring tension and beater height etc and can’t seem to get the pedal to stop rattling. It’s very noisy. I noticed the chain is not fully set back as far as it can go (looks like it...
  5. R

It’s a stock gretsch double tom holder that comes with the renown kit. Probably the same size? thanks
  6. R

Hello, I just purchased a new 20" renown fusion kit and i'm trying find the correct size cymbal boom/straight attachment for the cymbal mount on the tom bracket. Anyone have any suggestions on sizing? I would just be mounting a spash, so a straight or boom could work. Just trying to find the...
  7. R

Roc n soc nitro- tall or standard height?

Yeah. More overlap would have been ideal.
  8. R

Tall is 23”-29”. It’s a tough call...,
  9. R

22.5-23” typically. Looks like a standard goes to 24”, so likely would work.
  10. R

Gretsch USA Custom Vs. Renown

Ha! Nice!
  11. R

Gretsch USA Custom Vs. Renown

Is anyone attaching a cymbal behind the double tom mount on the fusion kit? Any recommendation on the size of mount for a crash/splash? I have the correct size that came off an existing cymbal stand, but it's super long and doesn't feel that sturdy.
  12. R

Thanks. My inseam is 34. Still On the fence between the two
  13. R

Aquarian Superpad Won’t Fit 20” Gretsch Kick Drum

That’s a great work around. Thanks for the tip!
  14. R

Hi I’m looking to purchase a Roc N Soc Nitro and I’m trying to decide between the regular height or the tall version. I’m 6’1”. Any feedback from users that have one already would be great! thanks
  15. R

Aquarian Superpad Won’t Fit 20” Gretsch Kick Drum

I just bought a 20” super-pad for my 20” renown kick drum and I can’t seem to get it to sit flush against the head due to the lugs/hardware. Anyone else have this problem or any advice? I’d hate to think that i would need to remove the hardware each time I want to use the pad on my kick. Not...