Recent content by Richard Jackson

1. R

How Perfect Is Perfect Timing?

the more important thing is that your position in relation to the beat is consistent. It's when it relates differently constantly that it sounds weird. It is beneficial to be able to control where you are in relation to the click and know how it affects the music. Ben Sesar calls it the illusion...
  2. R

Live Interview with Steve Ferrone!

Great interview! What a nice guy.
  3. R

Drum Talk | Cruise Ship Drumming - A Career at Sea

boats are tough for sure. good for younger people. I was lucky enough to get great people when sharing rooms but still not easy.
  4. R

Hihat ideas over a backing track

hi rhumbagirl, the truth is this is a finisher vid for a series i made about hihat independence based on all the options of a group of four sooooo, in this case I was improvising but that specific moment you pinpointed I'd say I was playing bass drum patterns in my vocabulary and filling in...
  5. R

Hihat ideas over a backing track

6. R

Tracking a fusion tune Drum Cam only

Yep. Nice job!
  7. R

All good. Glad you like it.
  8. R

Yes indeed. I also like rlrllb as a series or rlrrllbb or rlrllb there really are endless combos.
  9. R

I'm not great at reading drum tab but looks right. The accent is on the right I believe. Does that make sense?
  10. R

Hi there again, thanks for your kind words. So I'm a big fan of parradiddle fiddles. Or at least they're comfortable for me. Basically, if I'm correct, the fill is made up of four parradiddlediddles with bass single drums in between the first and second. It starts on the last two notes of the...
  11. R

Haha! Indeed :)
  12. R

Thanks for the kind words!