Recent content by Reggae_Mangle

1. Reggae_Mangle

NPD Czarcie Kopyto Double

Ugh, what do you do to a guest who comes into your house and spits at your table? Exactly what the Drummerworld mods have done, throw them out. If that idiot wants democracy, I vote we permanently ban his IP address.
  2. Reggae_Mangle

Thank you, Andy! 👏
  3. Reggae_Mangle

At risk of being attacked over my playing (a clear and present danger with the troll venting at how we can't even form opinions for ourselves), here's a short demo of the pedals being played. Sorry the room is dark and the camera angle is terrible. I was triggering Superior Drummer 3 with a...
  4. Reggae_Mangle

Definitely not the echo chamber you live in. Thankfully, anyone can read the responses in the thread (as well as other threads) and make up their own minds about the value of your responses.
  5. Reggae_Mangle

Join A Sub Par Band Just To Get Back Out There?

The way I see it, what have you got to lose? Remember, this was a first jam, and often it takes regular practice in order for everything to come together. As you said, perhaps they were having an off day. Given that you have been without a band for a long time, I think you'd do no harm to...
  6. Reggae_Mangle

Soundbrenner Core Review - Anyone?

I'd be interested in knowing more about this device too. Seems like a cool way to keep time.
  7. Reggae_Mangle

EDIT: Killed the video, will post a new one later today. Hi, a short video of the pedals in action. I apologise for not being able to get a multi-cam video going, too many things going on. Any errors in the playing are obviously my fault, but these are very smooth pedals! Here are some pix to...
  8. Reggae_Mangle

Tama Dyna Sync Pedal.

... And here I was thinking I was the only person being told that my arguments do not matter by that clown... The Dyna Sync looks pretty damn awesome, imo. I think one of the reasons for them having more power than regular direct drives is the shorter footboard.
  9. Reggae_Mangle

I don't really play too fast, topping out at about 200-210 bpm if I want to play fast for any meaningful stretch of time. This grind track is about the fastest I ever played on a recording: I do play in a band, but I'm not sure it's working out. I'm more interested in my solo project, for...
  10. Reggae_Mangle

Part 3: THE BAD 1) Really, really expensive. 2) Seems like a lot of borrowed design elements, even if they all seem to have been improved 3) Spring tension adjustment can be difficult and you have to get down on your hands and knees to do it.
  11. Reggae_Mangle

Part 2 of review: PLAYABILITY: I'll try to add a video to this section, based on my limited playing ability. But I'll put down a few thoughts: 1) The direct drive pedal is very smooth and there's no lag between the master and slave pedals. 2) The pedals hit much harder than I thought they...
  12. Reggae_Mangle

I added an explanation in my review, forgot about the hoop clamp. Also added a bit about the direct drive and adjustments. The hoop clamp is an interesting mechanism in that there are screws underneath the board that allow you to position the pedal at variable distances from the bass drum in...
  13. Reggae_Mangle

I'm happy for you if you believe very different pedals are the same. :sleep: Oh, and do read this thread where on the first page you'll see people say the Iron Cobra is a pedal with a heavy feel...
  14. Reggae_Mangle

Here's Part One of my detailed review. BUILD QUALITY: Everything is machined aluminium and it looks like it's made to very high tolerances. Seamless, very sturdy. All the joints are tightly fitted and all screws are fixed with threaded inserts. These are very heavy pedals. Just to give you an...
  15. Reggae_Mangle

If that was the case, an Iron Cobra could feel like a Pearl Eliminator? I don't think that's possible at all. If you believe it is, more power to you, but I know a tonne of drummers on this site alone who will disagree with you.