Recent content by rebonn

1. rebonn

For Pearl People

You would think one would take a hint from movies in the past that flopped where people were walking out of movies because the scenes kept changing too fast. Reminds me of some ENGL bass amp videos ENGL put out of their Iron Bass amp. Terrible sound quality which nobody in their right mind...
  2. rebonn

What's your latest purchase?

I like that key. The bass drum ain't too shabby either. :p The smaller the better because it goes in my pocket when gigging. I got a small DW key when I got a DW 5000 pedal.
  3. rebonn

Picking the right sticks

I think because of the thicker neck. The mass of the tip is probably around the same as a normal stick with a thinner neck. The tip seems shorter but fatter. The nylon tip version I think is slightly larger. The Quantum 9000 nylon tip version dented my heads.
  4. rebonn

Ever regret buying a drumset?

Same thing with my Ludwig Power Plus bought in 1977.
  5. rebonn

Picking the right sticks

The Regal Tip Anarchy X are similar but of course the factory is closed. I have some new in the box Quantum 9000 nylon tips that I've never used. Those big balls dent my heads so I use the wood tip Q9000 with no problems.
  6. rebonn

Compressor as quasi-trigger for bass?

Like you said, You need to figure out how to raise the threshold. It's compressing way to much.
  7. rebonn

Picking the right sticks

For me, the shoulder and taper is just as important if not more. I've grown to prefer a thinner stick with a beefier shoulder and short taper rather than a thicker stick with smaller shoulder and long tapers. A good stick for me is something like a Regal Tip Q 3000 or similar. Luckily I have...
  8. rebonn

Bass drum reso color

This is a good reference as to why I prefer the black. I don't think it reflects heavy metal or 80s rock either.
  9. rebonn

Bass drum reso color

I'll be the other oddball and say black which I prefer on most Kits. White on that kit looks good though.
  10. rebonn

Anyone NOT plan on playing out anymore?

It's at least giving me time to learn, record everything into the flash drive on the Soundcraft Ui24R to have backing and reference tracks when we play out again. It'll be a whole new hopefully good experience.
  11. rebonn

What's your latest purchase?

Dark Energy MkII are my favorites. $600 is a little stiff for a ride. It's like they know how good they sound 🙃
  12. rebonn

Anyone NOT plan on playing out anymore?

Last gig was a Halloween party and a relative of the guitar player that was there died a week later from covid. Needless to say, that was a little too close to home so we've haven't been playing out since.
  13. rebonn

Found the secret to tuning drums!

There's always gonna be the guitarist that tunes by ear and not a tuner, the bass player that doesn't need to use a compressor because of his great technique and the drummer that doesn't think they need a device to facilitate tuning. For me however I use a tuner, compressor and a Tune Bot. The...
  14. rebonn

How Perfect Is Perfect Timing?

This would be perfect for neurotic people. The meter is adjustable for ms sensitivity. You can plug anything into it. There's 2 inputs. One for the reference (click) and the other for what ever you want (a mic'd practice pad), guitar etc... It measures accuracy to the click.
  15. rebonn

How Perfect Is Perfect Timing?

Perhaps you should check this discontinued piece of equipment. https://reverb.com/item/3536970-rare-russian-dragon-rd-2-rack-mount-rhythm-accuracy-indicator