Recent content by Ransan

1. Ransan

just getting back into to drumming after looooong hiatus

Welcome to DW! My break was not quite as long it took me a little bit to getting comfortable again. Sounds like you like playing fast, I would go with birch as it is articulate and focused. As for tiers that’s highly subjective, most would say DW. For metal players from your list it’s Pearl all...
  2. Ransan

What are you listening to right now?

3. Ransan

What are you listening to right now?

Agree with SomeBad, not weird, I get seasonal music nostalgic as well, Summer Rain by Johnny Rivers during summer, for October, I listen to Type O Negatives October Rust and for February I listen to Foo Fighters February stars. For the latter two, been doing since both albums came out in 95’ and...
  4. Ransan

Does buying pre owned bother you?

Exactly my enigma with vintage as well. Besides my Ludwigs that I went to St. Louis to pick up, I just displaced them to a different region here in Colorado. I wonder what my Rogers Eagle Badge Mardi Gras kit has seen, and played out being from the East Coast. Seller’s living in Colorado...
  5. Ransan

Customizing your kit

That’s a beautiful kit and space also very cool on the reso initials. I want my initials logo’d ‘RS’ for my Rogers drums. Did you do the shield and striping yourself or where did you have this done?
  6. Ransan

The most beautiful drum shells finishes

Ahh the Capri Pearl, was just looking at the Slingy finishes from early on. The 3 sparkled diamonds were a nice option or touch to have as well, and the abalone pearl is a beautiful finish, would be a sight to behold. For me it’s either Mardi Gras, or Ludwigs black galaxy, champagne, red, blue...
  7. Ransan

Coffee

Howdy Y’all - I’m from Lubbock, Texas partner! Where the saints, slow handed gunslingers, and crooked tinhorns roost forever and five o clock shadows can’t help but get their own feathers rustled. Ok I’ll stop now. Floydada, TX a small farming community an hour outside of Lubbock - considered...
  8. Ransan

Coffee

Dang what’re the hell ya fellers doin in the Outback as far as brew?! Fancy Motion pictures don’t do’er justice fer American pick’rup lively hood! Punkin’ spice ain’t got nothin fer clearin’ the ‘ol wearied sodbuster from the red eye. Westward, us drivin folk’ve been kept up b’side fires with...
  9. Ransan

Mick Fleetwood

Yes my story is much like OPs! My early influence was Mick Fleetwood and Peter Criss, I am 38 and still hold those two nearer than most drummers that I love and have found along my life. I don’t care, they will always be cherished by me. I remember being a small kiddo and my dad would put in...
  10. Ransan

Gretsch 70s 4160 cob snare

Thanks! I didn’t like the Renown with 302s at first, it opened up the snare resonance, and overtones came about. Before it had a nice buttery warm full ‘body’ to its tone, the sustain was controlled. Removing the die casts initially lead me to believe that die cast were made for maple shells...
  11. Ransan

Gretsch 70s 4160 cob snare

Piggy backing on this thread, late October I had my 4160 snare sent off to Bentleys in Fresno for a repair and overhaul. (This is only reference I’ll make regarding my profile Avatar.) *Note my Avatar with Gumby in Gretsch lightning throw likeness.* My Gretsch 4160 snare had a slight issue...
  12. Ransan

Does buying pre owned bother you?

I buy used, new, and vintage. Do your research, case by case, ask the questions that you need cleared up, and make sure to trust your own judgment in mind with their volley. Understand vintage and used have degrees of condition that are listed, or you can gauge better if you are in person to...
  13. Ransan

Customizing your kit

That kit is squared away no doubt also, that looks like the 4160? Very nice touch, the configuration looks like it’s an energy saver with all the efficiency. I love the finish by the way! My man don’t tell me you put some of the dried up ready for fire up on your kit?! 👍
  14. Ransan

Customizing your kit

That’s smooth set up you have there. I have the Pearl Wingloc, quick release cymbal toppers and I agree they give the kit a nice touch and load in out efficiency.
  15. Ransan

Hello All! Thanks for adding me

Welcome and love the Sabian barstool, the cymbal tree (where the hell did you get those) and also the snare rack holy.... did you once or currently own a retail drum shop? We had two Sabian barstools at the music store where I worked at.