Recent content by Purple Cobwebs

1. Purple Cobwebs

Having doubts about my drum teacher

I'd definitely be looking for a new teacher! I have regular lessons. The first half of the lesson is spent going over the things I was given to work on in the previous lesson, both exercises and songs, and getting feedback to improve on parts where needed. Then we move onto new things to work...
  2. Purple Cobwebs

Open Mic Nights - How To?

I struggled with Jam nights as my weakpoint is impro. However a weekly one was set up near me and they added a facebook group where you could put suggestions up for songs to play. It works great as you can suggest a couple of songs, people jump in on the thread and put themselves down for your...
  3. Purple Cobwebs

How do you sleep after a rehearsal or show?

I deffo wake up during the night after a rehearsal or gig with songs running through my head!!! I dream drum along until I'm back into deep sleep again!!!
  4. Purple Cobwebs

I'm out of gift ideas for myself

Ha ha, My OH refuses to buy me anything drum related as he complains that I spend too much time on them already and he doesn't want to further fuel my addiction!!!
  5. Purple Cobwebs

First paid gig!

I've been playing 4 years now, but only formed a band last year. We've done 6 gigs this year, mostly at local festivals, gradually gaining confidence and building our set list. Last night we played a 1 hour slot at a festival at a nearby village pub. We turned up and were given our "musician"...
  6. Purple Cobwebs

Very first live gig!

I was hesitant in posting here, as everyone here seems to be an accomplished gigger, but I'm trying hard to overcome my fears, so here goes! I've been playing 3 years now, but pretty much only in my sound isolation booth at home. I've been having lessons for those 3 years and practice hard...