Recent content by PQleyR

1. PQleyR

Ben Turk & Gloryhammer.

I thought I had replied to this but obviously just intended to and then forgot - I'm not long back from my third tour in the last 6 months and have been otherwise very busy, so, apologies! Thank you all very much for your kindness and words of support - this forum has been a part of my whole...
  2. PQleyR

Gloryhammer - Full Concert @ L'Ampérage (Grenoble, 12/01/2018)

Hi guys - it's been a while since I posted anything here so I thought I'd share this video with you from our recent european headline tour - a sold out show in Grenoble. Not the biggest venue or grandest camera angle but the audio is decent and it's a lot of fun. Gloryhammer - Full Concert @...
  3. PQleyR

Amy's on Patreon - help fund more harp videos!

Hi all, I know some of you are fans of my sister's harp playing - just thought I would let you know that she's got a Patreon now in case anyone would like to support her in her future endeavours! https://www.patreon.com/amyturkharp I do have a vested interest (besides family allegiance) as...
  4. PQleyR

Star Wars harp - Amy strikes back with a new video

I am really excited about this so I have to share it with you. As some of you know my sister is a very accomplished harpist and I've been involved with working with her on her videos for YouTube over the last year and a bit. This video is one of my favourites so far and I really think this...
  5. PQleyR

Gloryhammer update

Hi everyone. Just thought it had been ages since I posted any live videos, and we've done some cool shows lately so I thought I would share with you a couple of videos I found on youtube from our recent tour supporting Hammerfall. Questlords of Inverness, Ride to the Galactic Fortress! (live in...
  6. PQleyR

Ben & Amy live again

So, a venue that has been quite important to us had a 10th birthday party, with a lineup of all the acts who'd been a big part of the community there over the years. We were asked to play, and since it'd been four years since we did anything like this, we put a lot of effort in to try and make...
  7. PQleyR

New band - something a bit different

Hi guys, been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I'd share with you a live video from a band I've joined this year. Alzir - Fire Nymph This was part of a pretty frantic session where we just played through all the material we could in an afternoon, so this was the only take of...
  8. PQleyR

Harp & drums collaboration

Hi everyone, got something interesting to share with you today. I'm aware this is potentially going to need moving to another subforum later but hopefully this is unusual enough to be of general interest for at least a short while. Amy Turk - Against All Odds (feat. me) You've probably seen me...
  9. PQleyR

For harp fans...

My sister is back with a new video, and this time we've upped the production values and the scope of our ambition quite a bit, so hopefully you will enjoy this as much as we did. Alan Menken - Beauty and the Beast - Amy Turk, Harp
  10. PQleyR

Gloryhammer in space

As you might possibly have seen, my band Gloryhammer has a new music video online, for the opening track of our upcoming second album. It's very silly. I think you will probably enjoy it even if you hate the music, so I recommend having a look. Rise of the Chaos Wizards
  11. PQleyR

New Gloryhammer song

Hi guys. This is the first track we've (officially) released from the new Gloryhammer album 'Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards'. It's something a bit different for us, and actually presented unusual drumming challenges that were nevertheless of a very...orthodox nature, shall we say. I...
  12. PQleyR

Jaldaboath - Black Metal Beauty

Hello everyone! I have been away for ages it seems. Anyway, got another one of those silly videos from Jaldaboath live in the studio, see what you think: Jaldaboath - Black Metal Beauty Also see if you can guess the TV theme references...
  13. PQleyR

Laser Black: replicating an obscure finish?

I have a Mapex Saturn kit in Laser Black finish that I got off ebay, 12 13 16 18 24 and a 14x6 snare. I'd really like a 10" tom but the finish hasn't been made since 2007 and you don't see many drums with that finish around. For the uninitiated, here's what it looks like (not my kit, just an...
  14. PQleyR

The harp as a percussion instrument

I've posted a few things that my sister's done lately but I think this one might be of more general interest to a community of percussionists such as this! I also think this may be the first time one of Jeff Porcaro's grooves has been played on this type of instrument. See what you think. I'm...
  15. PQleyR

Jaldaboath - Warrior Monks of Whitehawk

It's been a while since I did one of these so I thought I'd start a new thread...here's another one of the songs from the video/recording session we did late last year. It contains some foul language so if you're of a sensitive disposition I suggest you watch it with the sound off. Jaldaboath -...