Recent content by Polska

1. Polska

And then there was ONE

It's very liberating. I sold off a vintage kit and other miscellaneous gear over the last couple years and I don't miss any of it. Just 2 kits now and one set of stands. I don't want stuff sitting in cases to get played occasionally, I don't have enough room (or desire) to set it all up and...
  2. Polska

What are your all time top 3 cover versions of your favourite songs?

While not my favorite songs, these are my 3 favorite covers versions: "You Really Got Me" - Van Halen "Satisfaction" - Devo "The Passenger" - Siouxsie and the Banshees
  3. Polska

Your 3 most fav Drummers From Each Decade You Have Been Playing

1970's - Mick Tucker - Peter Criss - Neal Smith 1980's - Neil Peart - Terry Bozzio - Bill Bruford 1990's - Manu Katche - Philip Gould - Jerry Marotta 2000's - Pat Mastelotto - Gavin Harrison - Steve Smith 2010's - Asaf Sirkis - Mark Guiliana - Benny Greb
  4. Polska

I thought a plexiglass cage was bad

Agreed. Or a drummer who can play to the room on an acoustic. Like most, I hate these kind of booths. Either you want drums or you don't.
  5. Polska

No Nuts?

Since I only bring 3 cymbals typically, I've been using the Sweet Spot cymbal toppers in blue. Purely aesthetic, (they compliment my kit color) but I also like them cause they are larger and not so easy to lose. It takes a few seconds to thread, but again - 3 cymbals so....
  6. Polska

Zildjian New Beats

I love my New Beats. They are crisp and bright and give me the exact sound I want (like what sillypilot said above). Probably the one piece of equipment I have never looked to replace.
  7. Polska

If you had to learn drums all over again what would you do differently?

I have no regrets, but would have spent more time on playing jazz. I listen to a lot, but haven't worked enough on comping with the left hand, right hand swing feels etc. That said, I'm happy being the drummer I am.
  8. Polska

A Modern Day Touring Drummer's Gear Requirements...Holy Smokes!

Yeah, that's a crazy cool setup. Expensive, especially considering what I've read about salaries for touring back-up musicians, though I won't pretend to know what Shakira pays.
  9. Polska

Let’s Talk Pork Pies

I also have a BoB and love that snare! You can find them new and used for a fraction of what other similar name drums cost.
  10. Polska

Looking at buying a throne.

Agree 1000%. I have had a Roc N Soc now for 25 years and it still looks and feels new. 3 years ago I bought a round Pork Pie (in the $150 range) and love it. I expect to have that till my end days. When I first started I had a cheap throne and it is not worth the inevitable back pain you WILL...
  11. Polska

Stupid things people have said or asked you about playing drums while gigging

"Can I sit in?" - - "No you can't" "C'mon man, let's kick this up a notch" I guess I wasn't quite "kickin' it that night.
  12. Polska

Ever wonder where all the drums go to?

In bags in people's basements or storage units
  13. Polska

Band being unreasonable?

Enjoying myself, and mutual respect among band members is a must-have for me in a band. If one of those is missing and it can't be changed, I'm leaving.
  14. Polska

Sit in request on the gig

I agree with everyone here. I would never ask to sit in myself, and will not let anyone I don't know sit in with my band, especially with my gear. I just had someone ask me this past Friday. He saw me starting to break down while some of the guys were still noodling at the end of the night. He...
  15. Polska

The things you find: Used Sabian B8 ride... for $200

I love how they autographed it with a crayon