Recent content by pgm554

1. pgm554

What's your latest purchase?

Thinking about refreshing the China and having a few rivets installed. Only paid like $60 bucks for it ,so what's the harm in spending another $40?
  2. pgm554

What's your latest purchase?

Couple of used Sabians. One just back from a refresh and another used from GC.
  3. pgm554

Craviotto is doing ply drums now?

Don't know,but I read a bio that his first custom snare drums were built using shells sourced from Corders. I was a Corder endorser back in the early 80's along with Bermuda. I remember taking to Jim Corder about his slide track as he'd just applied for the patent. Corders are some of the best...
  4. pgm554

You know he used to use Corder drum shells (Jasper) back in the day ,right?
  5. pgm554

He's made them in the past. Saw one of his ply kits down at Starving Musician in Santa Cruz years ago
  6. pgm554

Amazon die cast ripoff drum hoop warning

I reported the mislabeling on Amazon ,but no action as of yet. And to do it on Ebay is damn near impossible.
  7. pgm554

Yes ,I got burnt a few moths ago expecting regular die cast,but got triple flange. Now I see it on Amazon,so hence the warning.
  8. pgm554

Lots of them,here's one https://www.amazon.com/Flameer-2pcs-Snare-Plating-Parts/dp/B07MGHQKPK/ref=sr_1_4?crid=38L5QFFULBUWY&dchild=1&keywords=drum+hoops+14+inch&qid=1620514606&sprefix=drum+hoops%2Caps%2C261&sr=8-4
  9. pgm554

Anyone have “frozen shoulder”?

Had it about 15 years ago. They don't know what causes it (autoimmune?). It tightens up the first couple of months ,then loosens gradually. Went through therapy 3 times a week. Hurts like heck when they do the stretching and such. The ice and stim sooth the pain a bit ,but don't last that long...
  10. pgm554

Sabian DAVE WECKL Serenity Flat Ride

My next purchase.
  11. pgm554

Sabian DAVE WECKL Serenity Flat Ride

From what I've heard ,Dave gets a $ percentage of all the cymbals associated with his name. Must be nice.
  12. pgm554

So what happened to electronic drums

Olestra from what I recall.
  13. pgm554

Beware that Amazon is advertising 1.6 mil stamped steel hoops as die cast zinc . The culprits are also doing the same thing on Ebay. So buyer beware.
  14. pgm554

So what happened to electronic drums

Ekits are like baking with Aspartame as opposed to sugar.