Recent content by petrez

1. petrez

what other hobbies, interests do you have?

I like watching football (or soccer as you Americans call it 😁), Liverpool and Rosenborg (Norway) are my teams of choice. And being a coach for the team of my 6 year old son, so trying to catch up on some fun exercises. Other than that, PC gaming (single player games mostly) take up most of my...
  2. petrez

2 up 2 down set-up

I used to prefer 2 up 2 down, but grew more into 3 up 1 down over the years. We do some pretty quick stuff in my band so having that second floortom so far in the back was too much of a reach for me. 10-12-13 and 16 are my go to for the moment with or without a second bassdrum. Two floortoms...
  3. petrez

The Fascination with 4pc

The only thing I kind of like with a 4 piece kit, is that it looks better to me then a 5 piece with 2 toms on the bassdrum. That to me just scream junior high/student level kit, even though it's silly and a bit immature to think that way. When it comes to actual playing, 5 piece is my bare limit...
  4. petrez

What are load-ins like in your area?

It depends, but a lot of the time there are some stairs involved, and usually not with a ramp. So... It's bags for me. I usually transport my kit in my private car as well, a stationwagon with backseats folded down, so I don't want hardcases scratching up the interior. Plus usually with a big...
  5. petrez

whats your second instrument? (If you have one.)

Bass guitar came most naturally for me after drums, I simply can't do electric guitar (strings so close together...), acustic guitar is slightly better. But yeah, I had a bass for some years, learned a bunch of songs, but the interest stopped. I guess I never had the confidence to try to play...
  6. petrez

Playing drums without a band: what keeps you motivated?

I'm not sure I would survive long (as a drummer) on my own if I suddenly lost my band and couldn't find any other. I'm just not motivated enough by drumming by itself to keep that as a hobby just for me, on my own. I've owned a few e-kits over the last 10-years, always thinking now it's the time...
  7. petrez

How do you move your hardware (to gigs)?

A bit embarrassed to admit that I don't use a hardware bag, but mainly using my own car to gigs, and a lot of the time I use a bigger doublebass kit with 4-5 cymbal stands, several tom holders and bits, so if there is a hardware bag big enough for me, it would be quite a weight to it. Usually we...
  8. petrez

Anyone else have REALLY little kids?

My two boys are 6 and 2. So yeah, pretty much. At my second round of sickness this year now, conjunctivitis... Having small kids in kindergarden is quite the life 😅.
  9. petrez

Home vs gig

I never play at home... Only band practices and gigs
  10. petrez

whats your fav drum head

Been a big fan of Evans for many years, but I have been more towards Remo in the last couple of years. Emperor or Pinstripe on toms, CS Reverse Dot on snare, PS3 on the bassdrum. I'll gladly use Evans again, but I'm enjoying a Remo period for the moment. It's harder to get a hold of other head...
  11. petrez

Tama

It is no problem at all to gig with Performers, trust me. The last years I've been doing most of my gigs with a much cheaper Yamaha Stage Custom, the Performers are much nicer in all aspects, I bet few can tell the difference from more expensive drums at an usual gig environment. I've seen pro...
  12. petrez

Your Favorite Drum Intros

No one yet? Suppose I'll be the first then...
  13. petrez

Norwegians and Finns Eat Dinner Earlier Than Other Countries in Europe

Probably true, I'm norwegian, I start preparing dinner usually around 4:30 when I got the kids home from the kindergarten so we usually eat around 5. At least when you have small kids I can't understand how its possible to eat dinner very much later... Plus I'm usually the most hungry when I'm...
  14. petrez

Tama

By "regular" Starclassic, I suppose you mean the W/B (Walnut/Birch)? Since those are closest in price to the Starclassic Performer. I think only you can decide when it comes to the sound difference, if the W/B is worth the price difference to you. They also have a few more hardware upgrades that...
  15. petrez

Why do you drum?

Having played since I was 8, it connects me to my youth, and as mentioned, it identifies me as a person, no less. I'm very grateful to have found that hobby (it feels disregarding to call it that, since it feels way more than a hobby to me) so early on, that still gives me so much after all...
Back