Recent content by PeniScott

1. PeniScott

Pearl Demonator P-930 VS Tama Speed Cobra HP310

Hello! Haven't posted for a good long while but thought I'd log back on again! Anyway, I have quite a limited budget set for a single pedal but have pretty settled on one of the above-mentioned pedals. I've never played either of them before but wanted to get some other opinions on which one...
  2. PeniScott

Crashability of the AAX Stage Ride?

The Stage rides I've played both weren't very crashable, however, I've heard reviews from other people say that it is quite crashable which I'm guessing is just luck of the draw as with most things in the cymbal world. My suspicions were dampened with the knowledge that I had to play at lower...
  3. PeniScott

Anyone owned SIlverfox sticks?

I've heard rumours and the advertising slogan that the flagship model of sticks from SIlverfox allow you to 'Play harder. Last longer' and coming from someone who plays very hard, this sounds quite appealing. Obviously they wouldn't make claims like that all willy nilly, so i'm wondering if...
  4. PeniScott

Help with Garageband urgently needed!

I've had this plan for a while to record and film some drum covers, many of you have no doubt seen many other people do so and post their videos on youtube. I have a camera and song choices but just need to get the click tracks onto the songs. The best, quickest and easiest way i can think of...
  5. PeniScott

Get yo Meinl out!

Show off your Meinl! I have a thing for Meinl cymbals. I've played on cymbals from all of the series' from the MB8 and above and i've been thoroughly impressed with everything. As if i wasn't envious enough of those who own even just one Byzance or MB20, i want to see what you may have. Feel...
  6. PeniScott

A quick (or not so quick) thank you.

This will be my 501st post here. This forum has taken over my life, my internet diet is taken up with this, facebook and youtube in that order. This forum has helped me more in the past one year than 6 years of playing with different drummers and teachers has. In a way, that's a bit of a shame...
  7. PeniScott

Do the 2oo2's really dent/break that easily?

I've heard this on many occasions on this forum and had to bring it up because the 2oo2's are some of my favourite cymbals. I love the 24" Big Ride and especially the 20" regular crash. Those are exactly the sort of sounds i want and it's a shame to hear such harrowing tales of the edge of the...
  8. PeniScott

Hard-wearing, low-overtone snare head.

Exactly as it says in the title, i'm looking for a durable head that, in itself, gets rid of most of the overtones. My first thought was the EC snare head but i've tried that on 3 separate snares and just generally don't like it. Then i also considered the Remo Emperor X with the black dot...
  9. PeniScott

Fiberskyn bass reso head?

There are no doubt other threads of this topic but i went through a few threads and couldn't get a resolute answer to what i want to know. Basically, i'm soon getting my kit refinished. White stain with clear gloss lacquer. I like this very much, and like it even more with a Fiberskyn-lookin'...
  10. PeniScott

White finish + black or gold hardware?

I'm getting my kit refinished quite soon (for free :D) a nice white stain with some of the grain showing through and a gloss lacquer finish. I'm tired of the glossy black wrap nonsense on my beginner-level kit right now so i'm getting it white because i have a thing for white. I like white...
  11. PeniScott

Paiste 400 and other colour ink pies.

Just wondering what experiences people have with these cymbals, price, sound and also pictures if you have any. cheers xoxo
  12. PeniScott

Axis + Trick really the dogs B****cks?

I haven't heard a whole lot about either of these two pedal brands before but the few opinions i have heard have been very mixed. I'm no good with their model names but from what i can gather, they are smooth, great-feeling and quick. And are also heavy, too smooth (which i can understand) and...
  13. PeniScott

Increasing bass drum attack?

I put on a braaaaand spanking new batter head on my kick the other day. Saturday to be specific. It's an Aquarian Superkick 1 and so far so good. I like the sound and with or without the pillow in there it sounds great. The low end that things draws when it's empty is amazing. Now, with the...
  14. PeniScott

Please help out me and my band.

Another local band who have quite a lot of fans have just started a competition on facebook to see who should support them play in the nearby town of Porstmouth. It would be a great help of you could just click 'attending' on this facebook event and simply post 'Bright As Vegas' onto the event...
  15. PeniScott

New video (in HD) and song online now!

My bands recently finished video has now been uploaded and is available to watch on youtube too. Plus our new single 'Nothing Short Of Imperfection' that we are selling along with the video. Please check us out, watch the video, listen to the song, suggest us to some friends and we will love...
Back