Recent content by Peedy

1. Peedy

Cymbal holder that clips to bass drum

That would work if you could find one long enough. Mine are both pretty low profile.
  2. Peedy

This is the general idea though there were nicer ones. They work like cowbell mounts. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1920s-30s-WWII-Bass-Drum-mounted-Cymbal-Arm-Mount/323377329077?hash=item4b4aca73b5:g:wSMAAOSwRWRbME5D
  3. Peedy

If you don’t mind some Antique stuff, those rigs were really common until WWII.
  4. Peedy

Toms mounted on Bass drum or cymbal stand

Man am I having a flashback to the Rocky Horror Picture Show and the Interstate Theater in Altamonte Springs. In any case, here’s my vote for bass mounted toms. I have a stand and it just doesn’t have the same feel.
  5. Peedy

John Paul George and Pete

6. Peedy

Older 40's and 50's Zildjian A (USA) Stamp Question

Prob an TMI post. Pics of a 1932 (upside down), 1953, 1958 and 1960 stamp. The 53 Trans stamp and 58 have pretty much none while the 32 and 60 make it easy to find the stamp in total darkness. Pretty sure the 58 is an aberration given that is was from the estate of a jazz pro and could be...
  7. Peedy

You know you’re getting old when...

You know you’re getting old when you DON’T think every police car you see is about to pull you over.
  8. Peedy

Does Thin = Washy?

Um, thanks . . . I think. Regardless, they look like this. Seems like they're grouped in about 1958 to 1962 and only on some from that time. Probably a response to the changing music scene. They sound more rock than my jazz cymbals but they don't quite get all the way to that classic 60s...
  9. Peedy

Paradiddles

My first teacher had me just count the accent stroke. First stroke in the classic paradiddle. 1 - - - 2 - - - 3 etc. worked for me though everyone’s different. Pete
  10. Peedy

Older 40's and 50's Zildjian A (USA) Stamp Question

Yep, that's kinda the deal. I love those lumps, those lumps, those lovely. . . well, you get the idea. I do have some vintage cymbals of about the same weight and age as others but with a much less pronounced hump. My best guesses are that Zildjian either played with ways to reduce it after...
  11. Peedy

Does Thin = Washy?

Very tough to gauge a cymbal just by it's weight. It's probably the MOST important thing but doesn't overwhelm the other combined factors. I tend to use and buy 40s and 50s jazz cymbals. And just off the top of my head, the factors that matter are (not necessarily in order of importance)...
  12. Peedy

You know you're getting old when . . . you totally identify with the title character rather than the Neil Young's perspective at the time. Pete
  13. Peedy

I'm gonna call a lower case bs on this one. I would claim that it's WHEN you're older, if you use such things, you've become wise enough to understand the importance of integrating the two. But OF COURSE, I'm not talking from experience. Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge, say no more.
  14. Peedy

Favorite Songs?

Even after listening to music from all over the spectrum, it’s always this obscure number. Still gives me chills 45 years after first hearing it.
  15. Peedy

Best music documentaries

Sorry, says I. Not a good documentary for drummers, though.