Recent content by Peedy

1. Peedy

Ride cymbal for recording metal?

Well said. I don’t care what everyone says, you’re all right.
  2. Peedy

Ride cymbal for recording metal?

Mea Culpa - I’ve never recorded metal. But I’m guessing that you have something about you that makes you different. All of these suggestions are excellent, but you should pick one (I’d get two different ones) that are the mark of your own style and uniqueness. Pete
  3. Peedy

Good deal on New Beat Hats?

Thing is that NBs aren’t made to all sound alike. They were designed right from the start to offer certain benefits over a matched pair. Improved “chick” sound being the most common point of discussion. But they have additional sonic differences that anyone who’s played Both them and matched HHs...
  4. Peedy

YES. . I. . PREFER. . . TO. . CONFORM. . PLEASE. . DIRECT. . ME. . TO. . THE. . STANDARD. . SOUNDING. . HI. . HATS. <g>
  5. Peedy

The positive and negative thing about New Beats is that they vary, sometimes a lot. My early NBs c1965 are dark like K. Zildjians from that era. Hard to agree with hating the sound of New Beats as my immediate question would be “which pair?”
  6. Peedy

I need that thick, deep, Nashville country music snare drum! What do I get?

How you tune it, of course, is up to you. Not cheap as the above drum sold for 700. Pete edit - never played Country Music
  7. Peedy

I need that thick, deep, Nashville country music snare drum! What do I get?

Been lusting after this drum for years. It ain’t maple though. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PREMIER-14X9-BRASS-HEAVY-ROCK-NINE-SNARE-DRUM/303600278388?hash=item46affc9b74:g:jkMAAOSwCaJe6-kx#vi__app-cvip-panel
  8. Peedy

Band names?

Now, I want to be clear. I’m talking about actual monkeys here. Maybe a chimp or two but absolutely NO Gorillaz. That name is already covered. Pete
  9. Peedy

Band names?

And, of course all their fans would call themselves The Monkey Touchers. It only seems right.
  10. Peedy

AAX Hats vs X-Celerator for X-Hat Setup

I’m thinking you should look for something that’s a half step sound wise away from your current set up. 12in hats, maybe Paiste Sound Edge or similar. Pete
  11. Peedy

Band names?

Are you sitting down? Ladies and Gentlemen, are you ready for the hottest band in the world? It's . . . TOUCH MY MONKEY Boom! You're Welcome. Pete
  12. Peedy

Depressed

Yes. . . Yes, that's fine. Now just sit back and tell me ALL about it. (Proud to be a part of the Drummer's Psychiatry Dept.)
  13. Peedy

Most versatile Zildjian K Pack ?

Nothing wrong with owning more than one set of hats. Pete
  14. Peedy

HH Clutch Treads Rubbing On Cymbal

That was the whole reason that drove me to the Gibraltar quick release clutch. Pete
  15. Peedy

Zildjian ZHT

You’re bored. However, the ZHT series sounded (IMO) kind of like my old Sabian Pro cymbals (the first ones). I don’t own a china myself but my church owns a ZBT 14in china that makes me throw up in my mouth. So by comparison, the H series must be several steps better. Plus china’s are trash...