Recent content by Pavlos

1. Pavlos

Springsteen sues local bar owner for copyright infringement

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=456503&GT1=28102 This is obivously not about money for the Boss, but about the bar not paying ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers). Interesting case. Has anyone known whether bars they play at pay the proper fees to ASCAP...
  2. Pavlos

Cool local article about Jazz Drummer Sean Dobbins

Thought you all might enjoy this read from the local Detroit Free Press about Sean Dobbins, a local jazz drummer. Interesting perpectives on life and being a working drummer. http://freep.com/article/20090719/ENT04/907190327/Jazz-drummer-artfully-balances-family-life-and-his-love-of-music
  3. Pavlos

Drum Gloves

DMC, You said you used the term "gay" in a non-sexual derisive manner to say gloves looked goofy, then what exactly does "Butt Rock" mean? And why didn't you just say goofy if that’s what you intended?
  4. Pavlos

Drum Gloves

Uh, wikipedia is probably not the best source to cite. Notice for the section you mention it says "citation needed." Therefore someone just wrote it and didn't footnote it. The internet is a crazy place!
  5. Pavlos

Sonor Snare questions

I found this Ebay listing. Is this true about the Sonor knock off Ludwig lugs? Never heard that before. http://cgi.ebay.com/SONOR-SEAMLESS-FERROMANGANESE-SNARE-1970-LUDWIG-STYLE_W0QQitemZ320349424206QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item320349424206&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116 Also, what...
  6. Pavlos

Hyperlink help please

Told you I'd say Duh! I checked every one of those buttons except the Earth one. Thanks a bunch.
  7. Pavlos

Hyperlink help please

I see many people have hyperlinks in their signatures and it's driving me nuts but I can't figure out how to do this. I found this HTML code and tried to use it <a href="http://example.com/">Example</a> Is it just a matter of putting that in the signature section and replacing the EXAMPLE...
  8. Pavlos

Trick Dominator Thread

I did a search on thread titles and didn't find one just for the Trick Dominator. I'm currently shopping for a new bass pedal. I want one that can be a single and convert to a double and is direct drive. Any opinions on this pedal are welcome. I'm wondering how it compares to the Trick Pro1V...
  9. Pavlos

What to do with Sonor 3003s: Messin with setups

oops, forgot the 4 piece. And as always, buy used if you can. I'm glad I did. Probably got more drums than I can use that way. When I first got back into playing about 3 years ago I almost spent $1000 at a GC on a 5 piece PDP set. Instead I found a 4 piece 3003 fusion shell pack with...
  10. Pavlos

What to do with Sonor 3003s: Messin with setups

OK. Time to post some pics of my lowly Sonor Force 3003s. I’ve been messing with setups lately. What’s the saying? Good artists borrow, great artists steal. The first is kind of a Bruford ripoff with the hi hat in the center. The second is Gavin Harrison inspired, with 3 rack toms in a row...
  11. Pavlos

What would you pay??

I dont think the story on MSN was false, but I think many websites will find it hard to get people to pay for subscriptions. There's too much free stuff on the web already. Advertising is the way to go. Is this site worth a fee? Yes. Will people actually pay that fee? My guess is no. Or maybe...
  12. Pavlos

What would you pay??

This is a great site for sure, but I wouldn't pay. Too many other bills already and the economy being the way it is. However, I think a better way to go would be to have some banner advertising. As long is it's not too intrusive I don't think most would mind. At least I wouldn't. I'm pretty...
  13. Pavlos

Drum Gloves

Wearing gloves makes someone look "gay" ? If all you can picture is chippendale models when looking at drummers with gloves on maybe you need to sort through a few things.
  14. Pavlos

Drum Gloves

lol. Sting doesn't have a big ego for nothing!
  15. Pavlos

Is the Album Dead ?

Hi all. Finally thought of something good to start my first thread. I was thinking about this the other day and then they started discussing the same thing on That Metal Show (thieves!) My question is this: What comprises most of your listening - complete albums with the songs in the order the...
Back