Recent content by PaisteGuy

1. PaisteGuy

Tama Star Walnut

Vintage Sea Blue.
  2. PaisteGuy

What's your latest purchase?

Final Snare Purchase.....Simon Phillips 40th anniversary. 6.5”x14” 6ply Maple, Walnut,Maple.
  3. PaisteGuy

Tama Star Walnut

Very Pleased and Happy with the snare. 😀😎
  4. PaisteGuy

Tama Star Walnut

Hopefully it’s not that long of a wait. I ordered a Star Walnut kit back in late September, but due to the Canadian distributor losing their contract with Hoshino, the order wasn’t placed until the first week of January, and Hoshino USA who’s the current distributor, hasn’t provided a timeline yet.
  5. PaisteGuy

Tama Star Walnut

I have the Starphonic Brass Snare (bought it a couple of weeks ago), and I‘m not very articulate in describing things, so here’s a link to the snare. I have mine in the medium tuning range.
  6. PaisteGuy

Does buying pre owned bother you?

It Depends, I’ve bought some used gear that is in Mint Condition, and You’d never know it was Used. Aside from that, I buy new for the reasons C.M. Jones mentioned.
  7. PaisteGuy

Coffee

I Bleed Coffee 🤪
  8. PaisteGuy

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

Retailers don’t unpack items and inspect them, and in Sweetwaters case, someone just opened the box to put their items in and resealed it. It’s the factory’s job to QC the product(s) before shipping. Apparently the workers at the China factory don’t give a damn. Pearls response is disappointing...
  9. PaisteGuy

Disappointed with Pearl Roadshow

It’s unbelievable that kit made it out of the factory. I would be so bold as to contact Pearl Nashville as mentioned (keeping Sweetwater in the loop) and ask for a Midtown kit WITH some flat based hardware. Pearl may agree to that, after seeing the horrid condition of the roadshow kit.
  10. PaisteGuy

What's your latest purchase?

Tama Starphonic Brass 6”x14”.
  11. PaisteGuy

Tama Starclassic Performer (birch/maple) vs. All Maple

Tama StarClassic Walnut/Birch. Great low end plus attack.
  12. PaisteGuy

Drum Teacher Time-Wasting?

THIS ⬆️
  13. PaisteGuy

If you had a Drum Shop Credit?

Tama StarClassic in Vintage Blue Sparkle and pay the difference.
  14. PaisteGuy

Lyrics you just got wrong

Steely Dan FM Proper Lyrics: Give her some funked up muzak, she treats you nice Feed her some hungry reggae, she'll love you twice. Everytime I hear the first line: Give her some ‘Phucked’ up music, she treats you nice....
  15. PaisteGuy

Drum set finish - yea or nay?

I’m a Nay on that one, as Much as it’s an SQ2. I’d end up wrapping it.