Recent content by packfan88c

1. P

Trying to help out a blind friend

Hey DW, Possibly a strange question but I'm hoping someone can provide some answers/ideas to my problem! My mother has a good friend who is now completely blind, which is very sad since she's a pretty amazing person and very smart. Much to my surprise (and excitement!) is that she's taken up...
  2. P

Finally, pictures of my Yamaha Stage Custom

Hey everyone, Been a long-time reader here, occasional poster, and I've only recently gotten all the pieces of my "first" kit together. Of course, I realize now that I will always want to get new, different gear - but after building this up for 2 years, I'm happy to share it! Shell pack is...
  3. P

Keepin' it all in the family!

So in in my usual rewatching of Adam Deitch videos on YouTube, I came across a few gems of Adam trading fours with his Father: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVEzx0bSv6U and jamming with his Mother! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51114Ff2LG4 Helps when both parents are pros too :-) Anyone...
  4. P

Find a Drum Teacher Here

Hey all, I'm not posting for myself but for MY drum teacher, Rob Blaschke from Bristol, Connecticut, USA. Rob is too modest to advertise himself! NAME: Rob Blaschke COVERAGE AREA: Located in Bristol, CT in between Hartford and Waterbury. It's easily worth a drive to take lessons from Rob...
  5. P

Quality Molded Earplug Questions

Hello! So while everyone keeps talking about what cymbal/snare/shell pack is best, I'd rather ask about the 2nd most important piece of gear (after a drum throne) - earplugs! Since Christmas is rapidly approaching I'm considering asking for a "donation" towards quality molded earplugs. I...
  6. P

World Press Photo Winner

Hey guys, Just saw this photo and figured it's a worthy share. We play music to be transported to another world, for joy, for passion and sometimes - crucially - to forget where we are. That's how this photo made me feel...
  7. P

Meinl Byzance, Overtones = Return?

Hey Guys, So after doing a large amount of research, playing many different cymbals, I chose a new 18" Meinl Byzance Medium Thin crash - my first major crash/cymbal purchase. Yet after liking it in the store and bringing it home, I've noticed that it has a strange overtone that I don't really...
  8. P

Upgrade Strategy

Hey, Been lurking for a while, and thought of this question which doesn't seem to have a thread on it: What is your plan when considering an upgrade? Now I know this applies mainly to starter kits/intermediate, but there's always something that we'd like to upgrade. But when you have a...
Back