Recent content by Over50drumguy

1. Over50drumguy

Fished outta the trash . Should they go right back 🤷🏻‍♂️

Like the title says , my friend fished these outta the trash . I told friends starting a year ago if they see anything drum related to grab it . You never know what people throw out . I’ve only been brought a few items so far , all of it junk lol . But I did keep a lower end pre Paiste ...
  2. Over50drumguy

New to me kit on the way !

Yes , you are correct , almost 2years ago this April that sonor deal fell through. There were maybe 4 others from then until that missed NOS 7 piece bb in Smokey indigo burst the other day( not gonna lie , I was crushed) and really wanted that kit . Someone bought it 30 min before me 🤬 . Then 2...
  3. Over50drumguy

New to me 15" hats

Nice score ! I still have and occasionally listen to cassettes. I’ve got a bunch . I think even some Foghat too 👍🏻
  4. Over50drumguy

Our brain

The power of music is incredible . Doctors and scientists haven’t even scratched the surface of what the human brain, mind and soul is capable of . I’ve seen this a few times . Almost brought a tear to my eye. The joy on his face is priceless and evident of what music does for us . Scroll a...
  5. Over50drumguy

Thank you! I’ll get some pics up next weekend hopefully . And if you’ve got too many starclassics , you can always send one on over to me 😉. Ill only have the one and I don’t want it getting lonely 😉😂
  6. Over50drumguy

Thank you ! You’d really do that for me lol 😂😂😂😂. For now it’ll just be for my own at home use . Eventually play with some others at home by spring or over summer, then who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️. I’d like to eventually get back to or close to my former level Of play , but my improvement has been slower...
  7. Over50drumguy

Thank you ! I’m glad you did not post it here lol 😉😂
  8. Over50drumguy

What's your latest purchase?

Well, I started a separate thread for my new kit purchase but I’ll place it here too for prosperity and well.......... just because 👍🏻 And it is my latest purchase after all 🤷🏻‍♂️ Tama Starclassic Birch/Bubinga in molten brown burst lacquer. Sizes...... Rack toms 8x7 10x8 12x9 Floor toms...
  9. Over50drumguy

Drummerworld

Absolutely 👏🏻
  10. Over50drumguy

Confirmation of shipment with today’s date 02/14/20. Estimated delivery .... Sunday 02/16/20 by end of day !!!!! 🥁👍🏻🙌🏻👊🏻🤘🏻😃
  11. Over50drumguy

Thanks all ! I’m pretty excited . I don’t usually spend on myself . The rare occasion I do I always feel a little guilty which detracts from the pleasure of it . Not this time though ! With 3 daughters from 16, 19, and 24 there was ,is now and will be college to pay for , possibly a wedding in...
  12. Over50drumguy

Our brain

For my wife and neighbors my drumming GAVE THEM them headaches and depression which necessitated their need for meds and drugs 😜
  13. Over50drumguy

Well after getting back on my old POS Frankenkit 2 years ago and in an effort to de rustify myself from a 20 year hiatus , after a year it quickly became clear to me I needed-.......(wanted😉) an upgrade . I found and lost out on a few this past year . Not gonna lie , after missing a NOS 7 piece...
  14. Over50drumguy

Caption contest!

Maybe if I light these crappy CB”s on fire , mom and dad will upgrade the kit .
  15. Over50drumguy

Price Check/Appraisal For Tama StarClassic B/B kit

Yeah, depending on the condition , it is a decent deal . I did say I would pass but that’s If I couldn’t check them out in person . Correct , 2200 new, but this IS a kit from 2008 that is listed as players condition and says does have some scuffs , scrapes and what not and has been stored in a...