Recent content by ottog1979

1. ottog1979

I may have let you guys talk me into making a mistake.

Both in & out, but especially when pulling them out, I turn the drum back & forth like a steering wheel from the top rim. This helps them "slide" out easier. Sometimes though, I still have to assist pulling the bag off. On the bass drum, I step on the bottom corners/edges about an inch on...
  2. ottog1979

Moving forward looking back...

I follow this guy too! He's INSANE!
  3. ottog1979

Marco Minnemann

Saw The Aristocrats and Marco Minnemann for the first time last night and REALLY enjoyed the show. Not only are each of them AMAZING musicians, they are having a heck of a lot of fun. Just for Marco, it's worth seeing them if they play near you! https://the-aristocrats-band.com/shows/ For...
  4. ottog1979

Moving forward looking back...

I don't really pine for yesterday. But I also fondly remember it. Did I do a lot of super-cool fun things? Oh, hell yeah (music and otherwise)! But I'm doing super-cool fun things today and looking forward to the future. Life is not over until I hit the grave. I'm 63. Never been a better...
  5. ottog1979

Favorite Cymbals of all time.

Paiste Signatures.
  6. ottog1979

Post your Gig Pics

7. ottog1979

What is that drum related itch you have not scratched ?

I'm not sure my main itch will ever be fully scratched, but I'm tryin'! I seem to have this insatiable itch to get better and play with better players. It's driving me a LOT lately. I'm taking lessons from several people, constantly working on stuff I can't do well and playing out a ton. I...
  8. ottog1979

I’m getting tired of the drama in music.

I hear ya. Navigating bands is certainly tricky and fraught with challenges to say the least. When you find a (mostly) good one. Stick with it. But realistically, think about it: Getting 4-6 individuals that have compatible musicianship levels, have similar time & commitment to using that...
  9. ottog1979

Most impressionable bar band.

Just because... I follow him on Instagram and this just popped up: Dayum!
  10. ottog1979

When in Nashville, Robert's Western World to see Kelly's Heros is ALWAYS a mandatory stop.
  11. ottog1979

I'm a fan. Luke McQueary is an especially amazing guitarist!
  12. ottog1979

Custom moulded in ear monitors for musicians

Also an IEM user that will never go back. Sound quality and control of my own mix are the reasons. Started simple/cheap with KZ S10 Pros and loved the IEM experience so much that I bought custom molded UE11's within a few short months. I'm a constant user for 2.5 years now.
  13. ottog1979

The Whisk(e)y Bothy

14. ottog1979

Paiste Sig crashes

I'm sure you could get this figured out with a Zoom mp3 file on your smart phone! Let me know how that goes. ;)
  15. ottog1979

Paiste Sig crashes

Exactly!!! I discovered Paiste Signatures while on an audition about 7-8 years ago and, after being a life-long Zildjian guy, made a complete change-over to the Signature line (16", 18" & 20" Signature crash line). If you beat the sh*t out of them as a heavy hitter, they (like any cymbal...
Back