Recent content by organworthyplayer337

1. organworthyplayer337

Miking my drums to home stereo to play along with my favorite music.

I think the first thing you should try is putting the music on through headphones and playing like that. That should take care of the ‘music being drowned out’ problem. Before you buy a whole set up.
  2. organworthyplayer337

Once you get used to micing your kit and wearing headphones (or in-ear monitors), it’s literally like playing on a record. It will change the game. It did for me!
  3. organworthyplayer337

Lol, i feel you. I like using a similar set up as a hobbyist myself. Headphones with our suggested set up would be a must. And whatever you’re sourcing your music from (laptop, phone, mp3, etc.) would be plugged into the mixer. The speakers would be out of the equation. Wearing headphones can...
  4. organworthyplayer337

1. Nice set 2. Welcome to Drummerworld 3. What Bo said. I would opt for a mixer and run your audio source into that as well. That way you’ll be able to get everything at the perfect level/balance for your needs.
  5. organworthyplayer337

Trade-in value?

I'd rather sell privately and put the money toward whatever I'm trying get. Shops will give you close to nothing. Especially Guitar Center. Unless you desperately want whatever they have; you are getting the short end of the stick.
  6. organworthyplayer337

Stick Quantity Discounts? Which Retailer?

It only comes up for certain pairs of sticks, but Im sure a sales rep can help you out
  7. organworthyplayer337

Stick Quantity Discounts? Which Retailer?

I’m not aware of any store (at least online) that offers a discount like that. It would be great and make the most sense but I’m not familiar with any retailers that do that. ***Sweetwater offers a “the more you buy” discount, but their selection isn’t the best. Depends on which stick you’re...
  8. organworthyplayer337

My Custom Green Sparkle Kit

Ah ok. That’s a lot of work and dedication! Maybe one day someone will develop a small online kit builder for all of us to enjoy on Drummerworld 😂
  9. organworthyplayer337

My Custom Green Sparkle Kit

👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾 + nice matching guitar side note, how do you make that little graphic representation of your set up?
  10. organworthyplayer337

Three or Four Hours

Depending on how tight the band already is, how familiar with the material each individual musician is, how complex the material is etc. rehearsal only lasts about 2-3 hours. on a good night? 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
  11. organworthyplayer337

K Constantinople vs Foundry Reserve

One more thing I can say about the Foundry Reserves is that they are extremely consistent. Didnt have an opportunity to try them out in person so I did a lot of research via YouTube and Memphis drum shop. Across the dozen + 1/2 videos I watched, the crashes sounded nearly identical across...
  12. organworthyplayer337

First Time Testing My Rig

Sounds amazing, even through MacBook speakers!
  13. organworthyplayer337

Suggestions for cheap IEMs?

Anyway, no need to hijack an innocent thread. Back on track: OP, there is nothing wrong with looking into affordable universal fit IEMs. Protecting your hearing is the most important aspect. The KZ's, as you have read from basically everyone on this thread, are a really good choice, especially...
  14. organworthyplayer337

I agree with you here. This is where I think there is a disconnect. I, nor anyone else, has ever stated the UIEMs are equivalent to CIEMs. Not sure why this continues to be brought up as a counterargument as it was never introduced as primary argument.
  15. organworthyplayer337

Thank you for bringing this up! I forgot that, while I was doing the research for CIEMs, I took notice of the db reduction/sound isolation difference. The CIEMs I was looking at (+ a couple of the other brands/offerings) were rated at around -20 db to -25db, with the Shure UIEMs being rated...