Recent content by Olrocker

1. Olrocker

Playing gigs you don't inherently enjoy?

I like to use the "sliding fun/money scale": if a gig pays tons of money, it doesn't have to be that much fun. If it's tons of fun, I'll do it for free. Best is lots of fun plus a bunch of money, but it often ends up being in the middle.
  2. Olrocker

What's your latest purchase?

That's just the crappy cellphone pic. It has the usual Ludwig script over crossed sticks above the vent hole and "Ludwig Drum Co/Made in USA" below it. No Monroe NC though...hmmmm...
  3. Olrocker

Yeah, lucked out. Looks like some of them can be kind of gnarly; this one has a nice even patina all over.
  4. Olrocker

I sold my Yamaha Al Foster HipGig kit to (partially) fund these two items...
  5. Olrocker

A Leedy snare's journey

This 7x14 Leedy snare was originally a Broadway Parallel, most likely 1941 or earlier vintage. I got it from a pawn shop in '80 for $30. The original BDP wrap was completely wrinkled and green, the strainer mechanism had long since been discarded, and it had about a dozen extra holes in the...
  6. Olrocker

Odery Teak Kit

How nice are these.... Not mine, but damn... [/IMG]
  7. Olrocker

Another FNG...a Ludwig man

My 2000 WMP Maple Classics miked up and ready to rock...snare is a mid-90s classic maple 5x14 satinwood. 14x14 floor tom was not used for this show. Pork Pie boom stands. The 1967 BPD Ludwig maple Super Classic 4-piece kit stays in my home studio...
Back