Recent content by Old Dog new Cans

1. Old Dog new Cans

How do you clean your hardware?

I've used foil numerous times. I just don't like using it too much because it seems like a waste for cleaning.
  2. Old Dog new Cans

Would you buy a bass drum........

You do you man. Don't worry about what others want and think (at least when it comes to how you spend your money). I have a 24 x 14 bass I'm going to re-wrap (it's a Tama birch something something), found a 22x14 Slingerland I'm going to refurbish (this one was the yellow satin flame drum that...
  3. Old Dog new Cans

How do you clean your hardware?

I found this on Amazon last year. https://www.amazon.com/Music-MN110-Premium-Detailer-Polish/dp/B003TUBKOI/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=drum+detailer&qid=1600805757&sr=8-2 I remember a thread here or on DFO where someone couldn't keep this weird white haze off of their drums, I had similar...
  4. Old Dog new Cans

What are you listening to right now?

Been stuck on this album for a few days again. I'll mix in some Billie Eilish, STP. . .just bought Billy Cobham's Warning--haven't listened to it yet. It's right at the top though.
  5. Old Dog new Cans

What Recorded Snare Sound Do You Like?

I've thought about this considerably, trying to figure out if I truly paid attention to snare sound. Two come to mind--one good, one I don't find appealing. The annoying one: Spin Doctors--Two Princes. The song may help because I find all of it annoying. But that snare just bugs me. Not...
  6. Old Dog new Cans

Why do you Play?

DUDE!!!! LOL That's nuckin' futs man. 4 total???? WHOAAAA. Love it. Not carrying them, but I like 'em. 😇
  7. Old Dog new Cans

WorldMax 14 x 8 black brass...

Doesn't World Max also supply Pork Pie's brass shells? I picked up one used and immaculate condition for $250. 6.5" depth. Nice drum
  8. Old Dog new Cans

i had an idea...

It definitely won't be cheap to acquire all of the hardware. Why not pick something older. Some great shells that are missing the hardware. I like refurbishing old drums. It's a ton of work. Finding lugs that fit--that's exciting. If I'm going to have to drill, I'll just buy un-drilled...
  9. Old Dog new Cans

Why do you Play?

Well, I wasn't quite old enough to have enjoyed such times around live music in the 70s. I was 6 in '77, and an Elvis man! Loved the Beach Boys and beach music. Cheap Trick, Aldo Nova. . .at age 7/8. My mom bought about 100 8-tracks from a co-worker. . .Kiss Dynasty, and the afore mentioned...
  10. Old Dog new Cans

"Reaction Videos"

This video actually created enough reaction, that In The Air Tonight REAPPEARED on the charts. Personally, I can watch some. . .for example--seeing people crack up because they've never seen Bill Burr before, that can be some funny stuff. But watching someone else react to a video YOU can...
  11. Old Dog new Cans

Tama bass drum ACCU HOOPS????

Interesting. I simply knew nothing about them. . .I will admit, I didn't Google them at all. 👀 :rolleyes: Thanks
  12. Old Dog new Cans

Why do you Play?

I used to ride around on my bike as a 5/6 year old with a battery powered radio taped to my handlebars. I just love music. My mother used to put in an 8-track while she was fixing dinner and dance around. I was ALWAYS into the rhythm of things, the GROOVE. When I found my friend's drumsticks...
  13. Old Dog new Cans

Tama bass drum ACCU HOOPS????

So, I just saw a set of these online for sale. I had never seen these before. They remind me a little of the 3D printed snare drums. Were these hoops a phase? Did they help in tuning? Did they break easily? I've only seen one set ever, so it seems like a fad to me. Of course, I was away...
  14. Old Dog new Cans

Holy Jeez: Is there a better way than this???

I have changed my iPhone 4 into an iPod. However, the Classic is 160gb and still has 25ish gigs. And the iphone 4 just acts kinda weird with downloading music on it. So I've stuck with the iPod or my iPhone 8 for simplicity's sake. I certainly agree with most of everything you all have...